Topic: The bells, the bells

Thanks for the Easter bells - they sound really great and inspired me to make a bunch of presets so here they are (sharing something back):

There's a Taiko like sound, a couple of oil drummy things, and some nice deep bell harmonics sounds and a detuned sounding tinkly bell/piano hybrid.

Also I included some other sounds I've made over the last few weeks including a harp and some honky and toy/player type piano sounds:

http://y1tpig.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p...p?download

Last edited by MUZE (15-04-2009 07:21)

Re: The bells, the bells

Nice sounds. I liked the new bells and was wondering whether I'd do much with them, but your "deep oil drums" in particular are very playable. Found myself playing some Mike Oldfield - Incantations type stuff.

Why not upload to the Files section? (check out my harp too!)

But the demo mp3's had the pretty birds. Pigeons? Why we no get the pretty pigeons?

Philippe, a large bell reach a distant point, with powerfull sound, much easier than a small bell. The carilon use small and very large bells.

What about adjust the mic distance to compensate for that effect ?

Those characteristics makes imagine that a sound system could have low power speakers and high power speaker, to try to get the realistic sound powerfull variable range of a real instrument.

Alberto, remember that a double click on the volume slider allows you to adjust the volume note by note.

Yes, but I refer about dstance.

Supose we place the mic ver, very far...  Should the notes from the large bells get louder in relation to the smaller, due the different mic position?

guillaume wrote:

Alberto, remember that a double click on the volume slider allows you to adjust the volume note by note.

Well, on the mics page, we can also adjust the ratio of distance to volume and delay, so along with being able to set the volume of each note, we can do a lot.

The other parameters give a lot of control over the bells, too--the sound speed, the quadratic effect, etc. At least I've had a lot of  fun with them--much better than any sampled bells I've ever tried to use.

But I'm not sure what sound you're trying to get.