Topic: Upgrade License for Pro Version

Dear Fogwall: According to what I read, I'm I correct assuming that the upgrade license policy for a year after the effective purchase applies only (in my case) to Pianoteq and NOT to Pianoteq Pro or whatever is called? I mean: Does PTQ Pro represent a whole new product from the license standpoint or, as far as previous users are concerned is considered just a payable updgrade regardless of the date of purchase (or free upgrade to) of Pianoteq 3.0?

Thanks

Guillermo

Re: Upgrade License for Pro Version

I think it will be a paid upgrade for previous owners of PTQ... something like an upgrade discount... for example:

You paid 300 euros for PTQ3+EP addon.
Pianoteq Pro costs 400 euros (for example).
You get licence upgrade for 100 euros

Of course, I could be wrong, but let's wait for the actual moment when PRO comes

Last edited by EvilDragon (05-04-2009 18:43)
Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

Ok. ... but 60 Euro sounds much better than a 100 don't you think?

Last edited by mimoviz (05-04-2009 18:53)
Guillermo

mimoviz wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:

Ok. ... but 60 Euro sounds much better than a 100 don't you think?

Nah, there ain't much profit for Modartt that way. Don't be skimpy 100 euros... I'd give it any day for upgrading to PRO. I'd give 150, too.

Hard work and guts!

Evil: Right now there must be something close to 900 or 1000 licenced users... although I had a hell of time trying to actually pay for  pqt (given the current political and financial restrictions in this backwater country of Venezuela), and even considering that is illegal to pay anything in dollars or euro despite of "how" you do it ( no matter if you have money of your own, or credit cards etcetera: they are worthless pieces of plastic //anywhere// outside the borders), I concur with you: I'd happily pay 100Euro for an upgrade (although that doesn't mean that the current version is below average, on the contrary, I think that v. 3.0.1 is really good and therefore it should have a longer lifetime in the market than just barely 4 or 5 months).

That being said, I think I'll have to figure out a way to put that money in my paypal account (and its going to cost me 5 times the value of the money entered... you know... black market exchange rates )

Anyway.... perhaps I was a bit of a skimpy before... but all is said in a good way....

Guillermo

I can understand you.

Move to another country, hehe

j/k

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

I can understand you.

Move to another country, hehe

j/k

Ahhh....!! Evil... I wish I was at least a competent musician or an engineer.... for now, I live and work as an attorney, so If i try to get to another country, I'd have to become a taxi driver or something... I still have to earn my way into music through the conservatory here. (a couple of years) and become proficient in Harmony, Counterpoint and some other stuff (including Logic Pro)... Then I could earn a living besides the law.

Guillermo

Good luck then!

Being an attorney sure is paying in most countries of the world, though...

Hard work and guts!

I still have to earn my way into music through the conservatory here. (a couple of years) and become proficient in Harmony, Counterpoint and some other stuff (including Logic Pro)... Then I could earn a living besides the law.

if only it was that easy... lol  but ya, earning by law, and studying music by night isn't a bad idea.  You can learn much more than a drunk student!

bottom line, 100 or 200 or whatever is cheap for software..  Hopefully pt pro will push into production quality, in which case 500-1k isn't a bad range.  Bottom line, it could be better than a $3k second hand U3, and much cheaper than a 40k grand.

Last edited by kensuguro (06-04-2009 03:55)

Sure it isn't easy. Nothing is. But at the very least I can hope NOT to become a taxi driver

Guillermo