Topic: Buzzing and Latancy and Touch

Hello.

I have a problem with latency-would appreciate any tips on how to reduce this. Would buying more RAM memory help? What settings to use.

Also I am getting a buzzing sound when I run it through my speakers but not when using headphones. I did not have this problem originally, so I wonder if some of my changing of settings has something to do with it also?

I would like it to sound like a Steinway grand, with all the nuances of touch and response. I like the C3 Solo pretty well. Any suggestions are appreciated.

One other thing-is it possible to change the loudness and softness of the lower notes vs. upper ones? I'd like the lowest notes a little softer if possible, and sometimes the upper notes get a little bit too bright for my taste.

THanks,
Emily

Last edited by Spring (03-04-2009 20:13)

Re: Buzzing and Latancy and Touch

No, RAM wouldn't solve it. Either you need better ASIO drivers (have your tried ASIO4ALL already?), or you need a better soundcard.

What's your whole configuration?

Hard work and guts!

I have NVIDIA®nForce™Audio sound card.

I have the Asio4All.

Casio Px-120 keyboard, Emachines 3000 running XP 32-bit

Also have a 10 foot midi cable.

Anything else I should find out?

Thanks,
Emily

CPU is the most important part and you forgot to say it
How much RAM do you have, too.

Have you tried using nVidia ASIO drivers if they are available?

But seriously, you should consider a new soundcard maybe.

Spring wrote:

One other thing-is it possible to change the loudness and softness of the lower notes vs. upper ones? I'd like the lowest notes a little softer if possible, and sometimes the upper notes get a little bit too bright for my taste.

Double-click the volume slider and edit the volumes there. Also, if you want to reduce harmonic brightness, use the Equalizer.

Last edited by EvilDragon (03-04-2009 22:54)
Hard work and guts!

it's strange you don't get when using headphones

For latency problems,
try this free diagnostic utility:

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
(DPC Latency checker)

These days, PCs often have rogue device drivers which cause problems,
and this utility will show you if that is the case.