Topic: Pianoteq 3 preset library into my documents

Well i have one important request :
i would like to have the personnal preset library stored by deflaut into the "My Documents" directory, instead of the "C:\documents and settings\Applications datas\pianiteq\here......"

because we can moove the "My Documents" into another partition (exemple E:\My Documents ).
The "Documents and settings" can not be mooved, and i never store any personnal work into the C: hard drive.

imagine that after coming back from some weeks outside, my computer doesn't seem to work, because of a unknown problem. The first thing to do, could be to reinstall windows, and so on.

i want all my datas stored into E or F or any elsewhere than C:.
So i will have to always manually move my presets. not very useful.

if you could change this into future release.

Ondist and Thereminist concertist and composer
Ondes Martenot, Ondéa, Thérémin, player, composer
Messiaen's Turangalîla-Symphony in Cubase with 10 VSTi (including 4 instances of Pianoteq)

Re: Pianoteq 3 preset library into my documents

Until that happens, make your backups in another place.

Hard work and guts!

<< Until that happens, make your backups in another place >>

i do that. But you know, there is not only Pianoteq presets, there are other sofware datas stored into the C:.
Well : i can manage by manually copy my sounds manually where i want when i am glad, but i would like to have possibility to save the .preset directly.

Ah ok : maybe by using the VSTi host interface to save the preset, it works, so i will do like that.

But keep in mind that it's a better idea, and better logic, to have the main user library into "My Documents", instead of "Applications Datas".

-Applications Datas should mean all the internal stuffs of a software working good.

-My Documents should mean the datas of the user.

Messiaen's Turangalîla-Symphony in Cubase with 10 VSTi (including 4 instances of Pianoteq)

NTFS jonctions points to work around the wrong choice of Modartt :

a jonction point is a technique who lets write some personnal datas (like Pianoteq 3 preset) always in the right place (for example E:\My Documents\Pianoteq\Preset\

insted of into C:\Documents and settings\Proof\verydeepsomewhere\ ....\Moddart\etc.\Presets

For those who likes to keep their work for long years, here are the links for download the NTFS jonction points utility :

www.cslevine.com/pc/ntfslink.exe
www.cslevine.com/pc/ntfslink.mht

i did put them into my site because it was very difficult to find, and i am not sure if the original place will stay very long, but in the documentation there is the link to the author.