Topic: Fatar NUMA midi master keyboard

Has anyone tried this midi master keyboard? It is expensive (for a master keyboard) and seems to have a very good touch, but of course on the fatar website they would say that. I have a CVP295 and FP7 today and want to so how it compares to this.

Re: Fatar NUMA midi master keyboard

nickfielibert wrote:

Has anyone tried this midi master keyboard?

My brother has one; the touch is considerably firmer than my Yamaha KX8 and has more of a feel of initial resistance before the hammers start accelerating.  That's the good part.  The bad part is that the touch-sensitive controls are very poorly designed and with both PTQ and EWQLP if the keyboard is switched on before the software is started, the keyboard doesn't work properly.  We can't work out why this is but it is very annoying.

Regarding the cost and whether it is worth the extra money over comparable products,  the original price here in the UK was £900.  At that price; definitely not.  At the £700 I've seen it in some retailers, it is much better value.

Apart from the dodgy controls, I would also like to see multiple stereo pedal inputs.  My brother has 3 momentary pedals and with PTQ there is absolutely no comparison with my FC3.

Best//Neil