Topic: Pro Version

I've read various posts that mention a "pro version" of pianoteq.  Has a release date for this version been announced?  What are the features? 

Thanks,

Lawrence

Re: Pro Version

We are working on a new product that will be released during 2009. As announced, this product will offer note by note control for tuning, voicing and design. There will be a fair upgrade price from the standard version. We will keep you updated here in the forum as well as in the newsletter.

Excellent.  Thank you.

LOOK OUT V-Piano!!!

curt wrote:

LOOK OUT V-Piano!!!

Bye bye samples too.  If anyone has been following the threads here, they know my opinion of sample libraries.

Glenn

I agree totally with Glenn:  RIP samples!!!  (Especially for the wear and tear they put on hard drives...)

Truthfully, I haven't been able to stop playing Pianoteq 3 since it was released 3 weeks ago!  I honestly don't _need_ anything else.  :^)

A "Pro" version with precise note controls?  Holy COW!!!

I mean, as far as I'm concerned, any new features just make for icing on the already-delicious cake.

Needless to say, though, I'll be upgrading without hesitation. 

8-D

"Our developers, who art in Toulouse, hallowed be thy physical-models.
Thy version 4 come, thy new instruments be done, in the computer as it is in the wood!"

How will the price difference between the pro and standard version differ? Will the price upgrade from standard to pro be the price difference between the two products? How will upgrades in the future be handled? After the one year mark has passed will we have to purchase the program again at full price for one more year of upgrades or will there be a upgrade subscription at a reduced price?

Master wrote:

How will the price difference between the pro and standard version differ?

This is not fixed yet.

Master wrote:

Will the price upgrade from standard to pro be the price difference between the two products?

That would be the idea.

Master wrote:

How will upgrades in the future be handled? After the one year mark has passed will we have to purchase the program again at full price for one more year of upgrades or will there be a upgrade subscription at a reduced price?

Regarding upgrade of the same product after more than one year, we will offer attractive upgrade pricing.

Thank you for the answers.

Note for note adjust for all features...

I don't think it's logic to add note for note adjust for things like piano size. A piano can't have mulpiple sizes, per  each note.

Last edited by Beto-Music (08-04-2009 21:05)

But we're in virtual modelling world where everything and anything is possible, so why the hell not?

It will surely bring a new flavour to new age, ambiental and experimental music, no?

Hard work and guts!

Ah, but the piano size feature was taken out, or at least renamed to string length, which is what we'll have the ability to change. Not just to change a random string, but to rescale all of the strings in coordination--since the length of the string on a real piano vary, and the various manufacturers vary the size and shape of the instrument to accommodate various string lengths, it makes sense. 

(Anyone know the length of the seventh bass string on a Steinway B...?)

Jake Johnson wrote:

Anyone know the length of the seventh bass string on a Steinway B...?

Depends on how hard you hit it -with or without full sustain ? 

"Downing a fifth results in diminished capacity."

EvilDragon wrote:

But we're in virtual modelling world where everything and anything is possible, so why the hell not?

It will surely bring a new flavour to new age, ambiental and experimental music, no?

Dragon:

You make a good point - although it will be quite complicated (laborious) to adjust each note, the results could be very interesting and unique.

The learning curve will quickly become steeper - much steeper.

Glenn

But the soundboard is one, and the reverbaration, ressonance, is direct linked to the soundbaord single size. I don't think a multiple size, for each note, would allow a aproprieted ressonance and sympathetic effect.

Glenn NK wrote:

The learning curve will quickly become steeper - much steeper.

I don't think so. There maybe will be a few new parameters to adjust. And editing them for each key separately I hope will be done in user-friendly fashion. Random generators would help. I see no steep learning curve - we would just use what we already know when using Pianoteq, to each key separately. No big deal.

Hard work and guts!

Beto-music--

You're right--I don't know what happens with the size of the soundboard, etc, when the string is lengthened.

I am sure this will be applied as a curve or zone, which translates into a Q factor of a Parametric EQ.
I think it's a great idea, as when I stretch the strings to have the exact sound I want in the upper octaves, seeings how it's globally apllied in PTeq 3.0 it has a slighty adverse effect in the lower octaves.
Having these nifty tricks will make more accurate sounding Uprights, and special effect sounds, or just the Piano sound I have never found.
I would love to see Modartt go where no other developer has gone by being able to have the harmonic pedal applied to a certain zone of notes, or the sostenuto, etc.
Knowing these guys I don't think they'll stop with the basic string stretchings.
I hope Modartt can start doing PhysMods or many other instruments someday too. I can only imagine what they can do w/ a Guitar.

One Happy Camper...

Hardware Analog, DSP, PhysMod. VSTi Romplers....

Yes, other strings instruments by Modartt i hope too.

the Harp :
very well done, the herp preset ! Nearly a harp.

there is hardly "none" harp sound library in the virtual world. ( 2 in Garritan Orchestra but sounds tiny ), and now the harp preset with Pianoteq.

Ondist and Thereminist concertist and composer
Ondes Martenot, Ondéa, Thérémin, player, composer
Messiaen's Turangalîla-Symphony in Cubase with 10 VSTi (including 4 instances of Pianoteq)

cslevine wrote:

Yes, other strings instruments by Modartt i hope too.

What, CS, you're not requesting a theremin preset ?   (I've heard/watched a ton of your stuff on line -great stuff, really liked the contributions to Synful.com)  I have a theremin, but I have to use an Antares Autotune   Maybe a model of Paul Dresher's Quadrachord would be in order ?  Or even a rare hybrid I own, the Celloblaster.  It will be great if the Pro Version really lets you get under the hood with a serious set of tweakers !

"Downing a fifth results in diminished capacity."