Topic: Pianoteq purchase questions

Hi, im thinking of purchasing pianoteq 6. I have a few questions. I now have a macbook pro. But for my next computer I will buy a pc. If I purchase pianoteq, do I have to choose or do I get a lisence to mac and pc?

allso, I'm planning on buying the stage version. I already made some presets in the demo version of PT pro where I changed to the voicing and design. The stage version doesn't have that. Does that mean I can't load these presets in the stage version? Or will the settings I changed in the voicing and design be ignored in PT stage?

Tim

Re: Pianoteq purchase questions

The Pianoteq license is very flexible.

Your license is valid for up to three computers of any OS. So Windows/OSX/Linux are all included (you can download all of them), so you need not to worry about that. You get three "activation slots" for up to three computers. When you upgrade/replace an old computer, you can also update one of your activation slots (remove old computer, add new). You could even have computer(s) with multiple OS's, eg dual boot Windows/Linux and run Pianoteq on both OS-es and it will be counted as only one activation slot because it's the one computer; ie activation slots are per computer not per OS.

Stage can load any preset created by Standard. It cannot load presets created by using the note-by-note edit feature of the Pro version. I am not sure about presets created with the demo version. But if you have the FXP files there's I don't see any reason why they should not load. To see where they are saved, see Options -> General -> Folders.

3/2 = 5

When you buy a Pianoteq licence, you're allowed to use it on 3 different OS platforms, which are Windows, Mac OS and Linux (Intel or Arm). You can't have a more than one licenced version on the same OS platform. You may not be aware that Pianoteq can run well on a Raspberry Pi and other SBCs (Single Board Computer).

I think preset means the piano patch only for Pianoteq (Steinway D, Bluethner Player, etc), which can be loaded with the --preset argument. However, I'm not that familiar with the config options for each Pianoteq variant, so someone else will answer this better than I can, but I suspect you'd need the Pro to make the adjustments you've described.

Edit
===
I see SteveLy's interpretation of the licence is different to mine. I'm not certain which is correct, but he seems to have tried out what he describes, so is more likely the accurate version.

Last edited by grazie (25-01-2018 10:05)

grazie wrote:

You can't have a more than one licenced version on the same OS platform.

Wrong!

You CAN have those 3 activations on, say, 3 Windows computers (a desktop, a laptop, a tablet, for example). There's no OS limitations in this regard.

Hard work and guts!

Yes, I had it running on three computers (two atm) and four OS's at the same time. All Linux. One running dual boot AVLinux and Manjaro.

3/2 = 5