Topic: Do Presets Sound The Same On All Versions?

Hi guys. I want to buy Pianoteq again after selling it a couple of years ago. But i have a question.

I recently heard that the presets sound different based on which version of Pianoteq that you have. I used to have the Standard edition but never tweaked it because i found that the presets sounded more than good enough for me, so i will buy the stage version when i buy Pianoteq again.

I would really appreciate it if someone from Moddart could answer this question... If i load a preset in the standard edition and do not adjust anything, will that exact same preset sound the same in the Stage edition, or will it sound different?

Do all presets sound exactly the same no matter what edition you have, or do the presets sound different on different editions? Thank you.

Re: Do Presets Sound The Same On All Versions?

I am guessing. but my guess is the answer is yes.

I assumed they all sounded the same, but like i said, on a YouTube review someone said that the presets on the stage version don't sound the same as the standard version. Surely the presets all sound the same? I'd just like someone from Moddart to confirm that all presets sound the same no matter that version you have before i buy it.

I guess the main thing is the mic placement. The stage version doesn't let you adjust the mic placement, but the standard edition does. A lot of the presets use custom mic placements. So how does that work with the stage version? Do the presets sound the same and the custom mic placements are there but we can't adjust them? Or will the preset sound different on the stage version when compared to the standard version? I mean the presets made by Moddart, not presets that i download from the user library. Just the standard included presets.

Last edited by Wallis85 (11-01-2018 05:50)

Yes, your assumptions about the mic placements are correct, you will not be able to adjust them in Stage. The basic sounds of all 3 versions are the same (refer to the Pianoteq 6 product page), but in Standard and Pro you can do more to modify the sounds. Note what it says in the version comparison table about fxp preset loading in Stage, it's 'limited to parameters that are present in the interface' - which means that if you download an fxp where somebody has altered the mic settings, you won't hear that effect in Stage.
You can confirm for yourself that Stage and Standard presets are the same by trying the demo versions of both.

Last edited by dazric (11-01-2018 10:58)

All the factory presets are identical across all 3 versions.

Hard work and guts!

Thanks for your replies.