Topic: reordering presets

Hi,

I have pianoteq 6 stage.  i almost exclusively use 3 pianos:  steinway d, k2 and mkII.

I really like the ctrl-n / ctrl-p feature that lets me quickly switch pianos.

but what i'd really like is hot keys that go right to my preferred presets.  for steinway d and k2, i am happy with the first presets, the prelude presets, so ctrl-n / ctrl-p goes right where i want.  that's great.

but for mkII, i prefer Jazzy.  To get to it, i hit ctrl-n, then have to use my mouse to click multiple times through the mkII presets, which is a minor pain.  i'd rather ctrl-n/ctrl-p go right to Jazzy.

i tried going to the presets menu, to see if i could re-order the presets in the list, but i had no luck.

Is there a way to do this?

thanks,
steve200

Re: reordering presets

Make a new folder in the preset browser and put your fav presets there. Then select just that folder in the preset browser, and only files from that folder will be shown in the dropdown menu, and prev/next preset actions would only go through that folder.

Last edited by EvilDragon (05-01-2018 14:03)
Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

Make a new folder in the preset browser and put your fav presets there. Then select just that folder in the preset browser, and only files from that folder will be shown in the dropdown menu, and prev/next preset actions would only go through that folder.

thanks very much.  i am being dumb.  in the preset manager, i don't see a way to create a folder.

is this a limitation of Stage?

steve200

Hmmmm, shouldn't be. In bottom right, you should see All banks, and a folder icon next to that. Click it. Now create a folder there and move your presets in it. When you go back to Pianoteq's preset browser, you should be able to select just that folder, isntead of All banks.

Hard work and guts!

Ok EvilD, thanks that was a good lead.

What I did, for others who might be interested:
  - in the Presets Manager, for the presets I like, i:
       - clicked the Save button
       - they were named, eg, "Steinway D Prelude (copy)"
       - i replaced the word "copy" with "steve", and saved the new preset.
  - at the bottom of the Presets Manager, clicked on My Presets, which selects only my presets

now ctrl-n/ctrl-p scrolls through just my"steve" presets

cool!

steve200

Last edited by steve200 (06-01-2018 15:47)