Topic: Best midi editor for PT recordings?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a simple midi editor that would be able to edit recordings (stitch multiple takes together etc.) made with pianoteq?
My background is in audio recording and I use Adobe Audition for editing. To be able to do the equivalent with midi files would be fantastic, as I'd like to be able to play the edited files through pianoteq to find the right piano sound afterwards.
Thanks in advance,
Richard

Re: Best midi editor for PT recordings?

Maybe Cubase LE? It is bundled with many audio interfaces, so chances are you already have a copy of it.

Thanks - I forgot to mention that being able to support the pianoteq VSTi is also required...

I don't know about Cubase (I work with Logic), but haven't they invented VST?

I don't know...sometimes these 'lite' versions limit VST plugins.
I don't posses a copy of Cubase LE and have no particular desire to purchase another full-blown DAW just for its midi facilities. That said, if it does what I need then I'd consider it...

I think Reaper should be able to do it? It's free...

I also think Sonar has some basic versions that are definitely able to do this.

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

Thanks! This is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for!

Cubase LE, the version of Cubase bundled with many controllers, does also support vsti's.

EvilDragon wrote:

I also think Sonar has some basic versions that are definitely able to do this.

Just to be pedantic, but Reaper is not "free" - the license is something like $25 for home use

It's free enough You can decide not to pay, you get only 5 seconds countdown before use, it's fully functional otherwise. I'd say that's rather usable.

Hard work and guts!

I've been using this one for seven years:

http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.htm

It will do a whole lot more than you want, but midi editing is what I use if for.

Often I will record a midi intro and ending separately from the main song, and splice them together.

Or two different takes.

Glenn