Topic: Half pedaling and 0-127 continues data suggestion

Howdy folks,
For the classical piano music, I need the finest sustain pedal. There are a lot of them but maximum as ‘half pedaling announced, so not enough for classic. I opt to take the USB MIDI Pedal Controller, this one:

http://www.tecontrol.se/products/usb-mi...controller

put the regular pedal in and serve  in this way my Master Keyboard outed to a lot of Midi slave synths on the way.
Did anybody try this schema and which are the results? Is the calibration in Pianoteq smooth and full range or the pedal will achieve 2-4 levels of the “sustain”?
Have you another solution for the classic piano pedal as authentically as possible?
Thank you for any ideas and HNY!

Re: Half pedaling and 0-127 continues data suggestion

Maybe I'm not understanding what you exactly mean, but I'm using a Roland DP-10 which can either be switching (midi-standard sustain pedal) or sending 0-127 values depending on the how deep you press down the pedal. I've plugged the pedal into the plug of my master keyboard which works with 0-127 values and mapped the MIDI controller value to the half-pedalling function in Pianoteq. This works like a charm, Pianoteq reacts to the velocity of pressing down/releasing the pedal and also to distinct pressures, so that I can play with "half-damped" strings etc.

Best
erik

Re: Half pedaling and 0-127 continues data suggestion

The digital pianos with half pedaling are usually way more easy, in terms of controll with the feet, to achieve half pedaling than in a acustic grand.

By this perspective, the acoustic one is always more difficult, and to tur the digital closer youy would need to adjust the pedal effect on pianoteq, limitating the range to get as difficult as in a acoustic piano.