Topic: Help me dedice about Electric Pianos

Hello,

I am a intermediary keyboard player, I just play for fun, few hours a week, but hope one day play in a Pink Floyd tribute band!
A couple of years ago I bought a Korg M50 and, for my untrained ears, it has amazing sounds. Even the pianos, however once I discovered Pianoteq I fell in love with its acoustics and barely play the Korg acoustic pianos.

Now, the Korg has lots of Electric Pianos and they sound very nice, I have tried the Pianoteq Electric Pianos and they sound awesome too, but different, I can't explain. The Korg pianos sound more lively and louder to me than the Pianoteq ones. Is it just me?
However with the limited amount of time that I have demoed the Pianoteq E. Pianos I already feel that they can be way more expressive. And I like that I can potentially tune them and create my own sounds (but I have zero skills for that).

So what are your thoughts? Is it worth it to buy that package? Anybody has experience with the M50? I feel guilty not playing the sounds on my Korg anymore :-) (other than organs and synths).

Note: I have no experience ever playing a real Rhodes or Wurly.

Cheers!

Re: Help me dedice about Electric Pianos

AlexTecladista wrote:

Hello,

I am a intermediary keyboard player, I just play for fun, few hours a week, but hope one day play in a Pink Floyd tribute band!
A couple of years ago I bought a Korg M50 and, for my untrained ears, it has amazing sounds. Even the pianos, however once I discovered Pianoteq I fell in love with its acoustics and barely play the Korg acoustic pianos.

Now, the Korg has lots of Electric Pianos and they sound very nice, I have tried the Pianoteq Electric Pianos and they sound awesome too, but different, I can't explain. The Korg pianos sound more lively and louder to me than the Pianoteq ones. Is it just me?
However with the limited amount of time that I have demoed the Pianoteq E. Pianos I already feel that they can be way more expressive. And I like that I can potentially tune them and create my own sounds (but I have zero skills for that).

So what are your thoughts? Is it worth it to buy that package? Anybody has experience with the M50? I feel guilty not playing the sounds on my Korg anymore :-) (other than organs and synths).

Cheers!

I couldn't get the Pianoteq EPs to sound how I wanted after several hours of tweaks. I went with another product. I own 10 other P6 instruments, but I gave up on the EPs. The bandwidth of the notes seem too thick. The Wurlies sound great though.

Pianoteq 6 Std, Bluthner, Model B, Grotian, YC5, Hohner, Kremsegg #1, Electric Pianos. Roland FP-90, Windows 10 quad core, Xenyx Q802USB, Yamaha HS8 monitors, Audio Technica
ATH-M50x headphones.

AlexTecladista wrote:

Hello,

Cheers!

Just use what you prefer. You don't have to lock yourself just one product. I myself have several rhodes sound libraries and vst instruments. My goto wurly instrument is PTQ W1 and I just love it but for Rhodes I mainly use Scarbee EP-88s which I find best for my use. I still think Pianoteq Rhodes sounds are great but I think there is room for improvements for some areas.

Thanks Andreas,

You are right, if possible is good to try other options, and I saw that the Lounge Lizard is on sale so I bought it and so far I really like it. I already feel that it has more expressiveness than my sample based Korg.
I still can't tell which one I like more Pianoteq or LL, need more playing time. However, the interface of LL is well designed and easy to use, with acoustic pianos I never change the settings so I am OK with the Pianoteq interface, but wit the electric pianos I tend to change settings and effects and the LL interface seems more direct ad straightforward to use.