Re: Organteq - new generation physically modelled pipe organ

Thank You Modartt !!! Nice present for Christmas !!! I hope, this is a new page at Modartt, in the organ instruments series.

As an organist I suppose I should be glad. But dear Modartt team, I'd advise you to think real good about your goals with this one. You want to compete against Hauptwerk and (the free) Grand Orgue? In that case, what do you have to offer?  How many organ stops do you want to emulate? There are great differences between baroque and romantic voices...and the Cesar Franck audio demo didn't sound that French-romantic btw. Maybe you should aim for a strictly baroque organ or positif?

So if you want to sell it to the electronically inclined organist who doesn't already own the aforementioned products, you'll be addressing a minority. Yeah maybe they'll be collectors and purchase the Organteq, too.   And of course, the Modartt  fans who don't mind an organ instrument in their collection.

Personally I'd be glad to see a harmonium
/ accordion /  bandoneon emulation, as there is AFAIK only one good VST harmonium out there and  also, an easy to use breath/volume control option. I dont have the time to learn a new instrument, but I would consider a breath controller. This harsh world could use more tango music, you know...  But maybe this would be an entirely different product?     

Have a look at this Argentinian pianist: https://youtu.be/5r3k36EdjZQ

Last edited by CuriousDan (15-12-2017 17:43)

Usually it's better to do one thing but do it well. Currently Modartt provide the best physical modelling pianos on the market, having the best playability, but still lose to modern sampled pianos in sound. There are already some competitors to Pianoteq, including builtin-only Roland V-Piano and software Piano V, and I suspect the number will growing in the near future. Piano V at just second version already provide pretty good sound comparing with Pianoteq and I'm heartily expecting the next releases. In contrast, I was disappointed in Pianoteq 6: yes, it's better than 5, but I expected more from a major version release, sound improved not so much at all. So, why not just keep leadership in the things you currently doing best, not giving a chance to any oncoming competitors?

Organ isn't an instrument that needs a physical modelling. IMHO.

Last edited by Ross (15-12-2017 19:21)
Combine velocity curves: http://output.jsbin.com/cukeme/9

CuriousDan wrote:

As an organist I suppose I should be glad. But dear Modartt team, I'd advise you to think real good about your goals with this one. You want to compete against Hauptwerk and (the free) Grand Orgue? In that case, what do you have to offer?  How many organ stops do you want to emulate? There are great differences between baroque and romantic voices...and the Cesar Franck audio demo didn't sound that French-romantic btw. Maybe you should aim for a strictly baroque organ or positif?

Hello,
I am not an organist and don't know so much things about this instrument, but maybe you can explain?

I assume each organ has its own sound in its own environment. And there are some characters... french, german...
But a tenured (is that correct??) organist in a church or a cathedral plays the organ he has at his disposal. Does that mean that he can't play all the repertoire?
If so, how many types of pipe organs are needed to be covered for all genres?

Also, what does mean polyphony in organ?
If you have an organ with 16 stops open, and you play 1 note, the result is 16 for polyphony?

Thanks,

SK

Ross wrote:

Usually it's better to do one thing but do it well. Currently Modartt provide the best physical modelling pianos on the market, having the best playability, but still lose to modern sampled pianos in sound. There are already some competitors to Pianoteq, including builtin-only Roland V-Piano and software Piano V, and I suspect the number will growing in the near future. Piano V at just second version already provide pretty good sound comparing with Pianoteq and I'm heartily expecting the next releases. In contrast, I was disappointed in Pianoteq 6: yes, it's better than 5, but I expected more from a major version release, sound improved not so much at all. So, why not just keep leadership in the things you currently doing best, not giving a chance to any oncoming competitors?

Organ isn't an instrument that needs a physical modelling. IMHO.

With respect, I disagree.
For me Pianoteq 6 is significantly better than 5. Ok, it is not perfect, but this v6 is a great update IMO.
The sound of the Arturia Piano V, even the version 2, is still way behind Pianoteq IMO.

I am sure that this entry in the organ's world will be good for the piano as well.   
We are talking about additive synthesis and research after all.

Hello,
I am not an organist and don't know so much things about this instrument, but maybe you can explain?

I assume each organ has its own sound in its own environment. And there are some characters... french, german...
But a tenured (is that correct??) organist in a church or a cathedral plays the organ he has at his disposal. Does that mean that he can't play all the repertoire?
If so, how many types of pipe organs are needed to be covered for all genres?

Also, what does mean polyphony in organ?
If you have an organ with 16 stops open, and you play 1 note, the result is 16 for polyphony?

Thanks,

SK

1. Nowadays, organ builders produce all-round instruments on which you can play the repertoire of the last 400 years of organ litterature. Unless the church orders a neo-baroque style organ or already has a historical organ from a baroque or romantic builder. In that case, it's not expected you play romantics on baroque instruments. As an organist, you wouldn't apply anyway for such a position if  you don't like those limitations. So, the answer is, not all music can be played on all organs, unless you are in the experimental field. Most organs will, however, cover different styles.

2. Polyphony in early music (not only organ) is best explained at Wiki:  "polyphony consists of two or more simultaneous lines of independent melody." It has nothing to do with how many notes or sounds the organ can play simultaneously,  and is irrelevant, I think. From a synthesizer point of view, yes it would mean 16-voices polyphony but it's meaningless from an organist's point of view, as he/she would always think which stop is used. Actually, forget about polyphony!

This is btw why I'm not really happy about the Cesar Franck demo. Have a listen at this one, played on a Cavaille-Coll organ, the most famous romantic-era French  builder. What I'm try to say here is that Modartt shouldn't rush to present demos if the emulation isn't ready. Unless they aim high, Organteq may be a bigger challenge than they think. A harmonium-accordion with easy volume control is a more all-round instrument, used by alt-rock, tango and classical musicians alike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v7duyDoz4U

Last edited by CuriousDan (15-12-2017 20:26)

What a great Christmas gift!

I too was sceptical re. pipe organ modeling but already this Alpha convinced me. Just repeat a key several times (and for short and longer durations) - Hauptwerk would need dozens of samples per key and pipe to achieve this variance - great! This is what makes playing such a virtual instrument fun as compared to (possibly better-sounding) sample sets.

And thinking of my many gigabytes of Hauptwerk sample sets and how little I can achieve with my poor 16 GB in the One-in-All touchscreen notebook sitting on my Viscount organ when using fairly mighty Hauptwerk samplesets - physical modeling would be such a benefit (if done right)!

So I'm eagerly looking forward to models supporting all common types of pipes and voicings for all kinds of organ styles from North Germany to France to Spain to ... - and hopefully already the first official release supporting multiple keyboards and full pedal, including couplers.

And thinking of good physically modeled tremulants and wind supply variation (during tutti etc.) as in a real pipe organ - ...

Cheers and keep up the great work -
Peter

This is awesome.  There's not much information on the sales page, and that might be intentional for strategic purposes, but I'm a nerd and want to know everything.  So... if business requirements allow:

How extensive is this modeling?  Pipe organs are of course very complex instruments with a lot of inter-dependencies.  For this reason, there's absolutely zero chance that a sampled instrument could ever convey the true sound of a real pipe organ in a real space.  (I'm about to expose my ignorance here, so bear with me.)  For e.g., you have the air box that is a finite source of wind with dynamic impedance as additional pipes are played.  Then each voice is constructed with one or more pipes, that are potentially in different places within a very large room that is easily more than half the sound of the instrument itself.

So, the sound of this early alpha is rather limited -- sounds kinda like it is near mic'd with some reverb applied.  But, if the scope of this project includes environmental effects, the potential expressiveness of this instrument is positively staggering.  Imagine, not only wind and pipe interactions, but acoustic modeling of an environment.  You could recreate the approximate sound of ANY organ in ANY church.  That... is... huge.  Not only for enthusiasts with no hope of ever getting to play real organs, but because real organs are endangered themselves.  They're expensive, cranky, and limited-use instruments that only a handful of establishments can afford to host.  Building them is a dying art.  This product (among its peers, present and future) has the potential to preserve the art and sound of organ music.

This is, BTW, why I'm also an evangelist for the Pianoteq product.  Is it perfect?  No.  It's "good enough" for quite a bit of real work, don't get me wrong.  But it has some room to improve.  However... let it be known, sampled instruments are a band-aid solution.  Modeling is the future, and Modartt had the foresight to jump on that bandwagon while it was still being assembled.  There will be a time, in the not-too-distant future, where models will be indistinguishable from live performance, and we will look at sampled instruments, and think, "aww.. isn't that cute."

WAY TO GO, guys.

Wow!  How exciting!  The sound from this little alpha product is revelatory.  I feel like the pipes are about to blow air in my face. 

The sound is so beautiful from these two simple flute stops that I was transfixed and noodled around for 30 minutes before I forced myself to stop.  It reminds me of the practice organ at my university, immediate, physical and real, but without the noisy compressor! 

Please, please continue!  Add all the stops!  Shut up and take my money!

Oh, and it worked great on Amd64/Linux Mint/ JACK.

Last edited by cmoncure (15-12-2017 21:55)

I think it is great that Modartt is trying and doing new instruments. As they work on other instruments they are learning more and more about modeling I would guess... nice... they have Pianoteq and Organteq... maybe some day Stringteq and or Percussionteq ... brassteq...probably adding more techs as opposed to spreading the company too thin. Win win situation.

Hmmmmm... must be some other companies that started with one product and made it great and then added more.

Pianoteq 7, all the pianos , a  Casio:  Px-560M, PX 3000, (2) PX350's, Mac i27 and MacBook Pro, Focusrite, Scarlette 18/20 and a bunch of speakers and headphones

Modartt sells shares?

Sounds pretty cool, so I have a few questions:
Will this turn into a true church organ with all registers and basses etc ?
will there also be a vst version of this (alpha) ?

I can already imagine the calliope and fair festival organ plugins for the full version

Last edited by CosmicD (16-12-2017 14:34)

I do not hope that modart sells stocks. Stocks are the death of every small and innovative company.

Pianoteq 7 Pro with all pianos

Hello there,

Aaah, at last, some serious guys make a procedural organ ! Been waiting this news for so long, i never saw it coming from PT, what a great news !!

I have been using PT and Hauptwerk for quite some years now and am very happy with both of them.

I must say this baby organ looks very promising, i love the sound of those flutes, with a good headset it's amazing.

If the rest of the stops sound as good, and i'm pretty sure they will, count me in !

Now i need to know more :-)

I suppose there will be a generic organ offered with the product and then some top quality instruments will be sold separately.

Will they be modeled after real instruments ? If so, did you already select some chosen ones ?

What kind of parameters will be available ?

Hopefully temperament of course.

Can we modify the shape of the reverb convolution impulse ?

Will you expose parameters that allows us to change the sound of the stops ? Like can we make our own stops by choosing their material (wood, metal), diameter, shape, length ?

A procedural instrument seems to offer so many possibilities !

And thinking it would eat only a few Mo of memory, oh my !!

Very enthusiastically looking forward to some more news !

Cheers

Cedric

I'm looking forward to a full version of Organteq. The alpha sounds very convincing and if it is in the same price range as PianoTeq with eventually the option to create my opn stops / complete organs. Then I can recreate a lot of different existing instruments. How awesome!
Hmm, maybe I should look for a 2nd hand midi capable organ the coming year....

Congratulations Modartt!

I was wondering where you would go next after nearly perfecting Pianoteq.
Organteq holds great promise for those that like to experiment with microtonality.

I remain confident that Modartt will implement all the microtuning functions of Pianoteq 6, into Organteq 1.
It’s true that they might cater to a smaller market that already have great products like Hauptwerk.
But last I checked (about a month ago), getting microtunings into Hauptwerk was not straightforward.
Enter Organteq with dragging and dropping of Scala files.

What I think Modarrt is doing with Organteq is just to enter the arena of sustaining instruments.
After all, sustain is pretty much the only thing that Pianoteq doesn’t do by now!
So I hope we can expect reed organs, calliope, bamboo organ and all other sustaining keyboard instruments that use air, including accordions.

There is a big hole in the market for a convincing modelled harmonium sound, so I have to agree with the other person here who said that this is something he could really use.
Afaik there are no modelled accordion sounds on the market except for the ones built into the Roland V-accordions. Paired with an inexpensive accordion MIDI controller there is nothing to lose.

Since I am a microtonal composer, my dream is to have a microtunable modelled harmonium played on a MIDI keyboard with a breath controller and/or an microtunable modelled accordion played on an accordion MIDI controller.

Thanks again for a great christmas gift!

CosmicD wrote:

Yes.

CosmicD wrote:

No.

Hard work and guts!

Oh, this is excellent news.  Thanks for the taste!

I'm another user of Aeolus here in Linuxland, and in addition to the stalled development mentioned by mamuesp above, the program is unfortunately one of those where the user interface and code seem to be made almost purposely obtuse.  However, it's a nice sounding synth and seems to be quite flexible in terms of defining an instrument, so if you fine folks at Modartt create something to meet/surpass Aeolus' capabilities while maintaining excellent user friendliness (I won't be surprised if you do, given the precedent you've set with Pianoteq   ), I'll be seriously considering splashing out to endulge in some superior, more comfortable noodling.  Many thanks for the continued Linux support, by the way.

One thing I really dig about Aeolus is that I can route arbitrary MIDI channels to the keyboards and divisions as I please, so I can fiddle with MIDI file playback in real time or, when I'm feeling saucy, play simultaneously on 2 keyboards, a wind controller and a computer keyboard "pedalboard".  I'm a pretty unskilled noodler, but I have a heck of a lot of fun doing that, and I'd imagine folks with more talent and skills built up could do some amazing things with a multi-keyboard instrument.  So, with that in mind, I'm wondering:  Is the plan to implement an entire multi-keyboard instrument in a single Organteq instance, with appropriately flexible MIDI input routing?  Or will a single instance be aimed at doing everything required of only a single keyboard?  Or is the definition of an instrument going to be different enough from Pianoteq's that these questions aren't relevant?  (E.g. combine pipes from a variety of instruments, with availability and pipe collection presets based on purchased instruments; maybe even positioning of individual pipes/ranks/divisions, depending on how crazy you all are going with this.)  Can't wait to see what your user interface wizard(s) come up with, let alone those working on the synthesis itself.

And now a mostly-silly question:  Will we be able to control Pianoteq via Organteq?
Context:  When I got to tour the inside and outside of the Wanamaker organ last winter, I found out that it has a remote-controlled upright piano accessable from the organ console, and (if I remember correctly) it's the only electronically-amplified part of the entire thing.  I expect Organteq (Pro, anyway) to be at least as flexible as a real instrument, so... 

EvilDragon wrote:
CosmicD wrote:

Yes.

CosmicD wrote:

No.

It will be a shame if Modartt don't do a vst version of the Alpha. I'm sure quite a number of people would like it (especially with scala file support), and would be prepared to pay a modest amount for it.

We asked for it during beta, it didn't happen. This is just a foretaste, hence "alpha", hence free.

Last edited by EvilDragon (16-12-2017 18:21)
Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

Sampled organs have the same problem as sampled pianos - it's REALLY hard to get them without any reverb, so you get overlapping room on each voice played (especially if you sampled each register separately), noise buildups, etc. etc.

There is no meaning in an organ without reverb just like there is no meaning in an electric guitar without amp. The space is a vital part of the organ which is built, tuned and voiced according to it. A critical note on well known dry organs samples (which are a compromise for less powerful systems) will always tell you need to voice them according to the reverb you are going to apply to the original matrix. The same must be taken into account when developping Organteq. To be clear, just heading to the reverb section and switching places it won't give you the right sound and balance the organs should have between the different registers. So the reverb in the sound it's not a bad thing we will be fine without, it's just the sound the organ should have from the start. Take the Silbermann out its Marienkirche and it won't be the astonishing masterpiece it actually is.

"And live to be the show and gaze o' the time."  (William Shakespeare)

Gaston wrote:
Kramster1 wrote:

Not a 2 keyboard organ I think.... but cool idea

Why not ? I play as if it were a two-manual organ, each keyboard playing his own stop in his own Organteq instance.
My keyboards are a Studiologic SL990Pro (88 keys) and a Roland A49 (49 keys)
The only difference with a real organ is that no real organ has a 88keys keyboard...

My first impro with Organteq :
https://youtu.be/iTC0yIc4bqI

To Chopin87: As Evildragon wrote, the problem with sampling is that reverb is added "on itself" for each note played. In the real world, it's a bit different: there is only "one" reverb, reacting on one or multiple notes.

It's very exciting to see Organteq in the works. I can't wait to be able to experiment with the overtones, the shape of the mouth, the ability to give a touch sensitive dynamic range as you can with the harpsichords, etc.

I wouldn't mind seeing this within Pianoteq, as the marimba, harp, and other non-piano instruments are -- also adjustable with similar parameters (even if things like "hammer hardness" don't quite make sense for organ).

As it is now the lower range sounds more natural than the upper range, to my ears. Still fantastic for an early prototype.

A little tutorial to show how I launch two instances of Organteq

https://youtu.be/TXTEXY9mDEk

...And my 2-manual setup :

https://ahp.li/729989e29c2a84ba6322.jpg

Wow! This is an unexpected and exciting news! As an organist on real instruments and as a user of Hauptwerk, I must say that you undertaking a big project here. I like the "promising" sound of your demo but It still sounds like an instruments from a local workshop builder instead of internationaly renound maker. My question is: do you plan to make an new pipe organ from scratch or to copy as closely as possible pipe parameters from an existing instrument?
Having worked with organ makers a bit, I know that every organ stop is voiced at the workshop with a specific organ personality in mind. Then they assemble the instrument at the workshop and adjust the voicing again to have an consistent mix of all the stops together and then the process is repeated when the organ is assembled at the final location. Voicing ajustments include changing air pressure of ranks to make brigther or more mellow sound according to the room.
In Hauptwerk for example, they usualy sample each pipe of a real organ multiple times. Some of the sample sets have additional stops that do not belong to the orginal instrument and any good organist can tell by ear which one because they break the unity of the instruments.

Good luck! I really care about your project! Hope you have access to a good organ harmonicist. Need help? ;-)

So far nothing has been disclosed and understandably so, being a new product. I am curious to see what the first version is like, to see if they choose to model a real counterpart or just making some sort of balanced virtual instrument from scratch (like the K2 piano) and also if it is going to be an instrument with different versions (stage, standard and pro) and the differences between those (the key is to see where the voicing of each pipe is permitted for me).
I tried the demo but honestly is like having an octave of a new piano. Hard to judge or give suggestions.

Last edited by Chopin87 (19-12-2017 14:02)
"And live to be the show and gaze o' the time."  (William Shakespeare)

Here I did a little portal 2 tuine , i really am looking forward on trying out how this would sound with full registers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqcFFp5...e=youtu.be

CosmicD wrote:

Here I did a little portal 2 tuine , i really am looking forward on trying out how this would sound with full registers

Very nice!

Pianoteq 7, all the pianos , a  Casio:  Px-560M, PX 3000, (2) PX350's, Mac i27 and MacBook Pro, Focusrite, Scarlette 18/20 and a bunch of speakers and headphones

Roman wrote:
Gaston wrote:

Unable to launch Organteq with the Asio driver of my Scarlett 6i6 (W7) : Organteq crashes.

Hello Gaston, we tried with the same soundcard (Scarlett 6i6) and the ASIO driver on Windows 7, and everything went well. You can try to update/resintall the driver.

Gaston - Did you get any luck with getting Organteq to work with ASIO ? I have an 8i6 (running Win10) and get the same thing. I filed a bug report with Modartt and was suggested to inform Focusrite but I know exactly what'll happen (from many previous experiences of beta-testing VSTs from various companies over the year): Focusrite will tell me to contact Modartt, Modartt will tell me to get back to Focusrite and each will blame the other until nothing is resolved ! (basically like soon-to-be-divorced parents who use their child to shuttle messages of disdain to one another... )

mcbpete wrote:

Gaston - Did you get any luck with getting Organteq to work with ASIO ? I have an 8i6 (running Win10) and get the same thing. I filed a bug report with Modartt and was suggested to inform Focusrite but I know exactly what'll happen (from many previous experiences of beta-testing VSTs from various companies over the year): Focusrite will tell me to contact Modartt, Modartt will tell me to get back to Focusrite and each will blame the other until nothing is resolved ! (basically like soon-to-be-divorced parents who use their child to shuttle messages of disdain to one another... )

No, I gave up. My Focusrite ASIO works perfectly with everything else, so I will wait for a more accomplished version of Organteq...

But your  "soon-to-be-divorced parents" scenario reminds me of a similar problem I had a few years ago with Focusrite and Notion.
After a few unsuccessful round trips between the technical supports of Notion and Focusrite, Focusrite
provided me with a beta driver that had solved the problem.

Last edited by Gaston (21-12-2017 14:45)

Gaston wrote:

No, I gave up. My Focusrite ASIO works perfectly with everything else, so I will wait for a more accomplished version of Organteq...

Ditto - I've got Ableton, Max, Foobar, Reaper, iZotope RX6, Reaktor & more importantly Pianoteq standalone all happily outputting ASIO through my Focusrite so I honestly don't think it's a driver fix that's needed. I was surprised for an early alpha product it doesn't generate logs or crash dumps to help with development/bug fixes

Last edited by mcbpete (21-12-2017 16:27)

I hope that when this baby Organteq grows up, it also someday have a swell box, with shutters to open/close. To adjust loudness, gradual crescendo and decrescendo. Tried it in a church. In my ”A wistful Organteq Postlude” (Other files) I try to imitate it by using one stop and both stops alternating.

As an organist since age 12 I am very happy to see this new branch of Modartt. Once you get the pipes sorted, please do tonewheels, ie Hammond. I'll buy everything I promise.

3/2 = 5

Gaston wrote:
mcbpete wrote:

But your  "soon-to-be-divorced parents" scenario reminds me of a similar problem I had a few years ago with Focusrite and Notion.
After a few unsuccessful round trips between the technical supports of Notion and Focusrite, Focusrite

The last we heard, the Focusrite developers are looking into this. We will follow this up with them. No "divorce" scenario, I promise.

Organteq seems to need more horse-power than Pianoteq 6. It is not usable on my Celeron N2930 netbook under same circumstances: 48000 Hz 64 samples (1.3 ms).

So increase the buffer size some... Organs have larger latency than pianos, anyways

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

So increase the buffer size some... Organs have larger latency than pianos, anyways

Yes, but it doesn't help. The "bright mode" of the organ starts to crackle.

Hello, I downloaded this new pianoteq organ. For the first time on my computer, the Asio V2 driver crashed. It crashed only one time and never did it again. I am not an organist, I do not know anythings about organ. I even never see an organ in the reality. But the first time I used this new pianoteq organ I immediatly like it very much. I will buy the commercial version in the future if I can afford it. The sound is very well definite and nice to listen. The piano scores are not playable on the organ, I think it need special music sheets composed for the organ. Good bye.

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

I hope that when this baby Organteq grows up, it also someday have a swell box, with shutters to open/close. To adjust loudness, gradual crescendo and decrescendo. Tried it in a church. In my ”A wistful Organteq Postlude” (Other files) I try to imitate it by using one stop and both stops alternating.

What I miss the most :
1) a MIDI recorder like that of Pianoteq standalone
2) Separate stop knobs for 8 'and 4' (so I will be able to play both stops apart on my 2 keyboards).

Niclas Fogwall wrote:
Gaston wrote:
mcbpete wrote:

The last we heard, the Focusrite developers are looking into this. We will follow this up with them. No "divorce" scenario, I promise.

I should let you guys know the recent information I received from the Focusrite support.

If using the Scarlett 1st Gen Solo, 2i2 and 2i4 interfaces, or any of the 2nd Gen interfaces, the current 4.x driver (4.36.4) should work fine.
The Scarlett team is currently working on updating the drivers to also make it work with 1st Gen 6i6, 18i8 or 18i20 interfaces.

mamuesp wrote:

Well, that's what I was waiting for! As a user of organ samplers (Hauptwerk, GrandOrgue) I hoped the specialists from Modartt will put their expertise in a modeled church organ. I'm looking forward to a great development (also as the open source project "Aeolus" is not evolving with great steps ...), so I'm expecting great things!

I add my voice to! It's time to rise the Big Organteq with your know-how!
We have all the Hauptwerk, but the force of the Organteq will be the pipe modularty to achieve thus the Big Cosmic Organ!
Hey, I give you idea for free!
I would like to subscribe  for this project and even advance some funds for that. Think there a lot of us.
The last word of Pianoteq is...?

In the future commercial version, I would enjoy to have Limonaire and Gavioli pipe organ.

I didn't want to take your time, while the Beta is running, but I found one tiny problem. i Organteq alpha when we change the volume, increase or reduce moving the slider, it take a few seconds to the new adjust star to work.

Niclas Fogwall wrote:

I should let you guys know the recent information I received from the Focusrite support.

If using the Scarlett 1st Gen Solo, 2i2 and 2i4 interfaces, or any of the 2nd Gen interfaces, the current 4.x driver (4.36.4) should work fine.
The Scarlett team is currently working on updating the drivers to also make it work with 1st Gen 6i6, 18i8 or 18i20 interfaces.

Very good news ! (I have a 1st Gen 6i6)
Merci Niclas (et merci Focusrite !)

Very good news indeed, fingers crossed that update also expands to the Scarlett 8i6 as well as we've not had a driver update since (checks site...) ... 2014
Hats off to both Modartt and Focusrite directly having dialogue with one another, that really is a rare thing indeed in this day and age of hardware developers blaming software developers (and vice versa)

Last edited by mcbpete (28-12-2017 23:56)

mcbpete wrote:

Hats off to both Modartt and Focusrite directly having dialogue with one another, that really is a rare thing indeed in this day and age of hardware developers blaming software developers (and vice versa)

+1

We may call it symbiosis...

PunBB bbcode test

Please don't ask me what animal is Modartt and what is Focusrite

Kramster1 wrote:
mcbpete wrote:

+1

lem18 wrote:

This one sounds like it could be played with a wind controller perhaps?

I just tried routing my Akai EWI-USB into Organteq, and, it plays I've not learned how to play the EWI yet (can't even play a scale yet, lol .. got to start somewhere), but, I can easily imagine how Organteq could be used as a flute with the EWI. If it responded to continuous changes in note velocity (?), I imagine that would do the trick? In Pianoteq 6's MIDI view, the EWI sends breath intensity messages as Controller 2 and Aftertouch.

I'm sure that's not the intended purpose of Organteq.. but seems like it could be easy to let those with breath controllers have a bit of fun

I have a couple WX5 Yamaha wind controllers... maybe Ill have at as well (I took Saxophone lessons all there grammar and high school)....

My goofing around WX5 video on my YouTube channel has the most hits for me...silly but true..94,591...

Last edited by Kramster1 (31-12-2017 18:47)