Topic: Pianoteq 6 on Raspberry Pi 3

Dear Pianoteq users,

One of our customers, Edgar Bustamante, has created a thorough document on how to install Pianoteq 6 on a Raspberry Pi 3 unit.

Download: here

Re: Pianoteq 6 on Raspberry Pi 3

That is quite a well-written guide, thanks Edgar!

So Niclas, the Raspberry Pi 3 uses a quad-core 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A53 CPU running the ARMv8-A 64-bit ISA.  That's the same ISA as used in iOS devices since the iPhone 5S and the iPad Mini 2 (the Apple A7).

According to Pianoteq's testing, would you say the Raspberry Pi version of Pianoteq runs comparably to Pianoteq running on an iPad Air or an iPad Air 2....?

Coincidence !
Every time I go into a place like Micro Center (Cambridge, Mass) I see raspberry Pi stuff and think about exactly this subject.
I was there again on Friday, which is why I came to the forum today - to see who had done what (& how) with this.

As much as anything I am interested in the PHYSICAL packaging and interface that would allow access to some of the pianoteq parameters - beyond merely selecting an instrument.

EDIT:
OK, a 7 inch touch screen - FINE, it looks like I can now make a shopping list.

Last edited by aandrmusic (06-11-2017 17:56)

Edgar,
According to the Suptronics web site the X400 is "coming soon" - - so my obvious question; Have you somehow managed to get a prototype, beta or pre release version ?

You're welcome tfort!

aandrmusic, I bought the X400 from Amazon. Here's the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CFZYM … &psc=1

For others who may be "parts shopping", this appears to be the fan assembly described in Edgar's document;

https://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-iUnike … y+pi+3+fan

I may look for a larger touch screen than Edgar used, not yet sure on that.

One dream is to have a screen displaying sheet music, with page turning, etc.
A nice idea, but I don't(yet) play well enough to read and play.
This should probably be a separate device anyway.

Last edited by aandrmusic (10-11-2017 13:14)

Edgard, did you get a good perfomance?
Kind Regards, Marcos

marcos daniel wrote:

Edgard, did you get a good perfomance?
Kind Regards, Marcos

I, too, would like to learn what success people are having with building these devices. And some pictures and videos would be nice to see...