Topic: Frederic Chopin - Fantasie-Impromptu op.66 PLEYEL

https://youtu.be/H4l7XxAS3CU

I tried to find colors as close as possible to the original Grand from Chopin era. The results have to be assessed by yourself.
This record was made without any cuts, so I'm sorry for every imperfection I've made.
I've tried to do my best

Re: Frederic Chopin - Fantasie-Impromptu op.66 PLEYEL

Wonderful performance and video.

Thank you so much.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

This is great - keep up the good work, you are a wonderful ambassador for Pianoteq! However, it seems as if you're using the 1926 Pleyel (albeit with an alternative tuning - it looks like it's A420-something and not Equal Temperament, but I can't decipher it from the video). Would you perhaps be able to get a lot closer to 'Chopin's piano' with the 1835 Pleyel, which is in Kremsegg 2?

dazric wrote:

This is great - keep up the good work, you are a wonderful ambassador for Pianoteq! However, it seems as if you're using the 1926 Pleyel (albeit with an alternative tuning - it looks like it's A420-something and not Equal Temperament, but I can't decipher it from the video). Would you perhaps be able to get a lot closer to 'Chopin's piano' with the 1835 Pleyel, which is in Kremsegg 2?

It is indeed Pleyel from the year1926. I'd like to use this one from Chopin's time, but sadly I don't have it. Maybe if I'll have some luck and be on the podium of pianoteq competition , I'll buy for sure this one.
The diapason of my recording was 432Hz - it was used before 1917 when they changed it to 440Hz. I also change temperament of the instrument to Werckmeister III. As I know, Chopin was playing on such instruments.

Last edited by Kacper_ek (15-10-2017 13:14)

Well, you will get a 20 euro voucher just for entering, but who knows, maybe more....? I would say fingers crossed, but that's not so good for piano technique. Anyway, when budget permits, you will find Kremsegg 2 an excellent investment - you get 3 other wonderful pianos as well! Meanwhile, the 1926 is a lovely instrument, and it's a treat to hear it played well.
Chopin and Werck III - that was a surprise to me. It's a tuning I would readily associate with Baroque organs and harpsichords, but I notice that it's available as preset on some of the mid-1800s pianos in Pianoteq. Obviously a variety of other tunings would be in use during the 1800s, depending on player and / or tuner preference. It's a fascinating (and very complex) subject!