Topic: Nice recording\video (?) of a distant perspective Pianotreq 6 preset

More audio than video, but a nice sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqI9Ch5iTQ4

(Found on the PianoWorld thread discussing PT6, by the way.)

Last edited by Jake Johnson (28-09-2017 17:11)

Re: Nice recording\video (?) of a distant perspective Pianotreq 6 preset

Very nice. Thanks for posting.

Pianoteq 7, all the pianos , a  Casio:  Px-560M, PX 3000, (2) PX350's, Mac i27 and MacBook Pro, Focusrite, Scarlette 18/20 and a bunch of speakers and headphones

A very nice music to listen in the morning.

Pianoteq 6 shines here.

Yes, although I would probably not use this particular sound he has created, it made me think of a certain type of "cinematic" sound. A Hans Zimmer sound? Not the piece itself as much as the ambience\reverb\sense of slight distance--a kind of dignified, restrained piano playing over the opening credits? (From when films had opening credit sequences.)

Seems to be based on the Steinway B Home preset. He shows us the global edits starting at about 0:19, where he's renamed the preset to Steinway B Nice !! and soon after shows the Mics page. Some things I notice with a fast look at the edited version per the video:

The Inertia is raised to the maximum setting.
The Velocity curve is changed fairly dramatically, with the strongest possible strike reduced to the Forte level (!)
The Volume is raised, presumably to compensate for the reduction in the maximum possible velocity
The Dynamics setting is increased
Key release noise and Sustain pedal noise are both reduced
Seems to be using the default Steinway B Home mic arrangement, but with the Width increased a bit

My guess is that there are other edits to the reverb, etc. In any event, I do like the sound, after making a rough copy--reducing the maximum strike level and raising the volume make for a nice combination.

Last edited by Jake Johnson (01-10-2017 17:59)