Topic: Confused About Recording

Hi all!

So I downloaded the free trial for PianoTeq and absolutely love it! I definitely am interested in buying it but I have a questions first.

I want to mainly use this to record music. Obviously, the GarageBand pianos sound nothing like the ones in PianoTec. Now, is it possible to open up PianoTec through Garage Band, and then record the sounds I get with PianoTec onto Garageband? And then record vocals over them?

Thank you so much!

Re: Confused About Recording

Yes, Pianoteq works as an AU plugin, so you can do that.

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

Yes, Pianoteq works as an AU plugin, so you can do that.

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

And one more thing, the recorded sound on Garageband will have the same quality as the sound I hear when I play, right? Playing it on GarageBand won't diminish the quality? (Sorry for the stupid question, I'm really new at this and trying to find the simplest way to record and just want to be very careful with what I purchase.) Thanks again!

What you hear is what you get. 

Shorter answer:  Garageband sound = good

I use GarageBand as a default DAW on my MacPro because I mostly play the standalone. One thing I noticed is that GarageBand starts automatically with a very conservative buffer setup (1024 samples) and then as something is played reduces it quickly to a better value. In my case it settles to 128 samples (2.7 ms). It also seems to stay at 44.1 KHz sampling rate, even though my USB device can use 48 KHz. This is quite correct soundwise, even though the standalone gives me more options.