Topic: Metronome in recording

Hi I would like to request a feature for Metronome.

Would it be possible to record the metronome when it is playing? That way one can go back to the recording and hear the metronome when studying playing so that one can identify what are the mistakes or issues.

For example I'm working on a piece that is very difficult for timing and after 16 bars I get out of rhythm and I would like to know when exactly that happens. It could be great if I could go back and listen to the recording and then figure out where I'm getting out of rhythm with the metronome playing in the recording.

Thanks
Osho

Re: Metronome in recording

Yes please! I record some very syncopated jazz voices for a choir and it would be of great help if you can hear the metronome.

Would love to hear from the development team if this can be done??

Thanks,
Osho

Also works in any free DAW

Pianoteq 6 Pro with all pianos

Today 09:40

This might not be of help if someone does not use a DAW, free or otherwise, but here goes:

In a separate track in your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation, aka sequencer), you will need to set up two instances of Pianoteq -- one for your click track, and one for the actual performance.  Assign Pianoteq on Midi Channel #2 when you create your own pseudo click track; save your actual performance for Midi Channel #1, although the choice of which two different midi channels you use ... is up to you.

Record a series of quarter notes/crotchets at the highest C on your keyboard. Play these notes very staccato/short.  Quantize the rhythm of these C notes on this separate track, and make sure they are set to a different midi channel (so as not to be lost when you do your actual recording of the piece).  An interesting variant would be to play the downbeat of each measure on a different note, say the highest A note and play it louder so you can hear the downbeat for each measure, and leave the rest of the notes at the highest C.  In this way, you will never be lost as to where the "beat" is, especially if you can hear the downbeat of each measure.

Once your click track has been recorded and quantized, then record (on a separate Midi channel) your original piece in real time, UNQUANTIZED, as you listen to your click track, pseudo metronome.  Be sure to set the intended tempo of the click track to one which you are able to play your piece with reasonable accuracy.

When you are through, you can listen to the results, or you can render the results in audio format.  If you are unsure of the notes' placement, as in a complex jazz vocal piece, you can also view the placement of the notes' timings within the GUI.

Hope this helps, acknowledging this is an interim solution in the event you have access to a sequencer.

Cheers,

Joe