Topic: Speakers : Focal Shape 50 or Adam A7X

Hello,

I have just bought PTQ6 and i have to say i m very glad about that, it's wonderfull

I m actually playing with headphones but now i want to go to another step

I have a 1000€ budget, for that price i would like your advice about buying two Focal Shape 50 or two Adams A7X ?
For the same price i can also buy 2*A3X+2*A5X and maybe get a more "natural sound" by having 4 speakers ?

I would like to know your advice on getting 2 differents sized speakers (on the same product line), for exemple A7X on the left side and A5X on the right side, because we are on a stereo mode so right speaker is not supposed to go as low than the left one ?

Thank you !

Re: Speakers : Focal Shape 50 or Adam A7X

You may be interested in my multi-speaker set-up and how I got there:

http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/viewtopic.php?id=4625

- David

I have been reading up on both of those monitors as well.

Pianoteq 7, all the pianos , a  Casio:  Px-560M, PX 3000, (2) PX350's, Mac i27 and MacBook Pro, Focusrite, Scarlette 18/20 and a bunch of speakers and headphones

The Emotiva stuff is excellent, and their price is quite reasonable.  I also have their XMC-1 multimedia processor for my television and movie watching, and bought their 8 inch Bas-X subwoofer (which I added under the left of my piano keyboard) for my virtual piano setup (and I have its volume really low) .  The phone tech guy at Emotiva convinced me that there was little difference in performance between their less expensive Bas-X line and their regular line (at least as subwoofers go).  Also, he said that the 8 inch was the 'sweet spot' of their pricing, suggesting that even if I thought that I needed a 15" for an application (I don't), I could buy four 8 inch Bas-X subs, save money, and get better bass distribution.  Good company and well-designed products.

Last edited by dklein (11-09-2017 10:43)
- David

Emotiva does not seem to sell monitors anymore

edit : oh i have just noticed they do but not in France, we have only the home theater product line

Last edited by Exx (11-09-2017 11:10)