Topic: Feature Request (Add-Ons), for those who keep previous versions...

I have always liked to keep previous versions of Pianoteq available (for backwards-compatibility with older Projects), but the one disadvantage is that when, for example, KIViR.ptq gets updated for the more recent version, it is then no longer available for earlier versions.
Would the following be worth consideration, please?..
Allow us to keep more than one version of the KIViR file (and also, I've just noticed, "Bells") in the Pianoteq>Addons folder, then in the Pianoteq GUi>"Options>Instruments" panel, rather than just seeing "Status: Corrupt or truncated" for the newer one, give us the option to deactivate the newer one and reactivate the appropriate one. (Did that make sense?)
(I still miss that old Bechstein )

EDIT: Although, I guess that would involve actually updating the previous versions of Pianoteq to accomodate this?

Last edited by vic_france (08-09-2017 16:52)
Mac Pro Quad-Core (2009) 2.66 GHz | 16GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3|MOTU Midi Timepiece AV | Mac OS X 10.9.5 | Cubase 9.0.30.266| and others ;)

Re: Feature Request (Add-Ons), for those who keep previous versions...

(update).. I have managed to get this to work (at least for v5) ...
From the Mac's "Time Machine", I recovered the previous KIViR and Bells .ptq, renamed them appropriately, then put them in the proper "Pianoteq>Addons" folder, alongside the current ones, and now (at least, so far ), both v5 and v6 see the versions that they are supposed to .

Mac Pro Quad-Core (2009) 2.66 GHz | 16GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3|MOTU Midi Timepiece AV | Mac OS X 10.9.5 | Cubase 9.0.30.266| and others ;)

vic_france wrote:

From the Mac's "Time Machine", I recovered the previous KIViR and Bells .ptq, renamed them appropriately, then put them in the proper "Pianoteq>Addons" folder, alongside the current ones, and now (at least, so far ), both v5 and v6 see the versions that they are supposed to .

vic_france, this may induce some unexpected behavior, because the instruments in both KIViR ptq files have the same name (even if you have renamed the files), and in your case v6 sees both ptq files (old one and new one). I suggest you have a separe folder for each version:
- a folder Pianoteq5/Addons that only version 5 sees (Options > General > choose top-level folder for prests and add-ons)
- a folder Pianoteq6/Addons that only version 6 sees (idem)
and of course, put each ptq where it belongs.

Philippe Guillaume wrote:
vic_france wrote:

vic_france, this may induce some unexpected behavior, because the instruments in both KIViR ptq files have the same name (even if you have renamed the files), and in your case v6 sees both ptq files (old one and new one). I suggest you have a separe folder for each version:
- a folder Pianoteq5/Addons that only version 5 sees (Options > General > choose top-level folder for prests and add-ons)
- a folder Pianoteq6/Addons that only version 6 sees (idem)
and of course, put each ptq where it belongs.

Ah, thank you Philippe I didn't realise that Pianoteq would see a folder that wasn't named, exactly, Pianoteq/Addons. I'll certainly give that a try now .

Ah! I also have to select a new path for the renamed folders, yes?

EDIT: Yess! perfect! thank you Philippe .