Topic: Best USB audio interface for Pianoteq 6

Hi,

I would like people's opinions on the best USB audio interface for Pianoteq in general, and for Pianoteq 6 specifically.

I have been using the built-in Realtek chip in Lenovo Yoga Pro 3 with ASIO4ALL - and Pianoteq sounds amazing with that. I tried Steinberg UR242 - it has great ASIO drivers with very low latency - but the Pianoteq sounds poor on it - very boxed up and no dynamic range. I tried both the AKGY50BT headphones as well as the Onkyo amp+B&W monitor speakers - I see the same difference between Lenovo Yoga Pro3 and Steinberg UR242 - UR242 sounds worse.

This is quite surprising to me. I expected better sound from UR242. So, I am asking for recommendations on what USB audio interfaces sound best with Pianoteq.

Thanks,
Osho

Re: Best USB audio interface for Pianoteq 6

It is impossible that there's no dynamic range on the Steinberg. You had something set up incorrectly probably. Anything will be better than Realtek and A4A.

My weapon of choice is RME.

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

It is impossible that there's no dynamic range on the Steinberg. You had something set up incorrectly probably. Anything will be better than Realtek and A4A.

Perhaps - I am a beginner with Piano VST in general.

Any suggestions on where to look? Or, what other USB audio interfaces to try?

thanks,
Osho

oshogg wrote:

Hi,

I would like people's opinions on the best USB audio interface for Pianoteq in general, and for Pianoteq 6 specifically.

I have been using the built-in Realtek chip in Lenovo Yoga Pro 3 with ASIO4ALL - and Pianoteq sounds amazing with that. I tried Steinberg UR242 - it has great ASIO drivers with very low latency - but the Pianoteq sounds poor on it - very boxed up and no dynamic range. I tried both the AKGY50BT headphones as well as the Onkyo amp+B&W monitor speakers - I see the same difference between Lenovo Yoga Pro3 and Steinberg UR242 - UR242 sounds worse.

This is quite surprising to me. I expected better sound from UR242. So, I am asking for recommendations on what USB audio interfaces sound best with Pianoteq.

Thanks,
Osho

I use the UR242 with the Microsoft Surface - not seeing your issues. Maybe you had the dsp-compressor in the output with not ideal settings - within the console of the interface itself.
UR242 is great interface for the money and here works flawlessly.

best