Topic: 3.0 installation strangeness.

Hi Folks:

After installing Pianoteq V3, a realized that the installation program did not create an Addons or Presets dirrectories.

Is that normal?

Thanks all over the place.

Re: 3.0 installation strangeness.

No way. How about a little bit of extra info? What's your PC configuration and operating system?

Have you tried going to C:\Documents And Settings\$username\Application Data\Modartt\Pianoteq30

If you don't have that folder, create it on your own, and inside Pianoteq30 folder make two folders, one named Add-ons and other Presets.

Hard work and guts!

Hi Folks:

My mistake: I thought that the folders were in the \program files\Pianoteq directory.

Thanks all over the place gang.

jnoseworthy wrote:

Hi Folks:

My mistake: I thought that the folders were in the \program files\Pianoteq directory.

Thanks all over the place gang.

No mistake - what you did will work - at least it does for me.

I have all my add-ons etc. in:  C:\Program Files\Pianoteq 3.0\Add-ons

Glenn

It is time to say that everybody is right ! Pianoteq looks into two places for add-ons:

- one folder that is system-wide, and common to all users: c:/Progr. Files/Ptq 3.0/Addons
This is the one that was used for ptq 2.3, and was sometimes a pain for some users as there are issues with file permissions etc. We do not recommend to use it anymore except if you are administering a computer for many users.
(on mac this folder is /Library/Application Support/Modartt/Pianoteq30/Addons )

- one folder that is local to each user account. This one is always writable, there are no permissions issues etc. The only problem is that it is a bit hard to locate, so we added a shortcut to this folder. Clicking on the "this folder" link in the "options / add-ons" panel will open an explorer window there. Clicking on the folder icon in the "preset manager" also works. The recommended way to install ptq file is to drag them on the pianoteq interface, the file will be copied and installed automatically.
(on mac this folder is /Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Modartt/Pianoteq30/Addons )

Everything makes so much more sense now I'd also like to have all addons as in V2, so I'm moving them to Program Files directory! I don't have that sucky Vista so no problems with permissions

EDIT: It's not working I have moved (copied and erased from documents and settings folder) all the plugins and fxp files to Program files/Pianoteq/Addons and /Presets, but Pianoteq doesn't see the addons!

What now? XD

Last edited by EvilDragon (24-02-2009 11:02)
Hard work and guts!