Topic: Pianoteq 5 std more than 2 outputs

I have pianoteq 5 std and focusrite 2i4. I want to utilize 4 outputs from my focusrite 2i4 (2 for studio monitors presonus eris 5 and 2 to my clavinova built in speakers). However when i selected the 4 outputs in pianoteq, it seems the sound can only come from  2 outputs. I tried different combinations, it seems only 2 outputs will produce sound (can be one from from studio monitor one from clavinova built in speaker)

Any idea to resolve this? Thanks in advanced for your help

Re: Pianoteq 5 std more than 2 outputs

When you want to utilize more than a usual two (2) stereo outputs in Pianoteq Standalone, you click on the Options button; that appears in the upper right portion of the main software interface.  Once within the Pianoteq Options window, you highlight Devices at the upper left.  With Devices highlighted, in the middle of the window you will see Output (and its selection arrows) as you select your output device, your audio interface.  After you select your device from the pop-up list, the chosen device's available channels appear beneath its name (that is) in the pane showing Active output channels.  You must check, physically, each additional channel you intend to activate, if you indeed intend to activate more than a usual single stereo pair; you will activate your channel from the scrollable list of available output channels —of the Active output channels!

Since I use a Focusrite Safire Pro the channels available to me are: Mon 1, Mon 2, Line 3, Line 4, Line 5, Line 6, SPDIF L, and SPDIF R, as listed in my scrollable list of Active output channels, which is, underneath Devices in my Pianoteq Options window, of course.

As per your Focusrite manual, be sure to open your mixer software, mix, and route your channels as explained in the manual (this is) either beforetime or afterwards, generally.

Last edited by Amen Ptah Ra (22-09-2017 16:59)
Pianoteq 8 Studio Bundle, Pearl malletSTATION EM1, Roland (DRUM SOUND MODULE TD-30, HandSonic 10, AX-1), Akai EWI USB, Yamaha DIGITAL PIANO P-95, M-Audio STUDIOPHILE BX5, Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP.

Thank you for your detailed instructions. Actually, i have done that, and I have selected all 4 outputs available (outputs 1-4). The problem is the sound still only comes from outputs 1 and 2 only (which is my studio monitors). If i only chose any 2 outputs, the sound will be produced to the selected outputs accordingly. For example, if I select outputs 3&4, the sound will come from my clavinova built in speaker. If I select outputs 1 and 3, it will give one side of the spearkers each (left speaker of the studio monitor and left side of clavinova speaker). It seems I can't output more than 2 speakers, despite selecting more than 2 outputs. Focusrite 2i4 (2nd gen) does not seem to have mixer software. Any advice is appreciated.

Amen Ptah Ra wrote:

When you want to utilize more than a usual two (2) stereo outputs in Pianoteq Standalone, you click on the Options button; that appears in the upper right portion of the main software interface.  Once within the Pianoteq Options window, you highlight Devices at the upper left.  With Devices highlighted, in the middle of the window you will see Output (and its selection arrows) as you select your output device, your audio interface.  After you select your device from the pop-up list, the chosen devices’ available channels appear beneath its name (that is) in the pane showing Active output channels.  You must check, physically, each additional channel you intend to activate, if you indeed intend to activate more than a usual single stereo pair; you will activate your channel from the scrollable list of available output channels —of the Active output channels!

Since I use a Focusrite Safire Pro the channels available to me are: Mon 1, Mon 2, Line 3, Line 4, Line 5, Line 6, SPDIF L, and SPDIF R, as listed in my scrollable list of Active output channels, which is, underneath Devices in my Pianoteq Options window, of course.

As per your Focusrite manual, please be sure to open your mixer software, mix, and route your channels as explained in the manual (that is) either beforetime or afterwards, generally.

I managed to get all  4 outputs. Silly me, I didn't realize i need to adjust the volumes in the microphone settings for individual outputs. Indeed pianoteq is very customizable. Thanks for your advice