Topic: Pianoteq 3 - missing stuff

Just downloaded v3 - looks really superb!

I see certain models from v2.x are missing:
Misc Electro-ac.
Misc Marimba
Misc Metalophone
Misc Pianorga

How do I get these back for use in v3? I made quite a few presets before that reply on these.....

Re: Pianoteq 3 - missing stuff

I asked Modartt personally.

"No we have no plans for [bringing back] pianorga and other misc instruments from v2, we prefer that people do not use those anymore and forget them
The 'Hybrid' preset is much better than pianorga, for example."

Actually I kind of agree.

Last edited by EvilDragon (21-02-2009 01:46)
Hard work and guts!

Agreed - the new Hybrid is really quite nice.

I could use this for a "duet", with the Hybrid playing high up in the treble with the acoustic accompanying in the lower registers.

G

I just downloaded the demo and am really impressed with this major upgrade.  My only regret is that I use pianoteq loaded on a Receptor, and the folks at Muse have not developed the Pianoteq 3.0 plugin yet.  I hope that anyone out there that uses a receptor contacts support at Muse so that they make Pianoteq compatibility priority #1.

EvilDragon wrote:

I asked Modartt personally.

"No we have no plans for [bringing back] pianorga and other misc instruments from v2, we prefer that people do not use those anymore and forget them.

Thanks for that info.
I may keep v2 installed for these instruments in that case. I see no reason to discard these extra sounds. They may not be of the same quality and integrity as the new pianos, but they are interesting and useful nevertheless.

While I will no doubt use Pianoteq primarily as a piano, I like to create hybrids and unique sounds for use in my work and Pianoteq's ability to model physical instruments is still attractive to me.

I've made a sort of electro organ like sound from the new Hybrid model if anyone wants it

http://y1tpig.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p...p?download

Very nice 'free' upgrade! 

Receptor compatibility would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JR

Last edited by johnrule (22-02-2009 03:50)

This version 3 is absolutely great!  (I trying to discipline myself to spend more time with my wife and not playing this excellent piano modeling software into all hours).

I am missing the ability of dragging fxp shortcuts into the gui to get my settings.   (On my windows desktop, I have large fxp shortcuts with pictures of the particular piano as an icon.  In version 2, I could drag the shortcuts into the gui to activate.)

Rod wrote:

I am missing the ability of dragging fxp shortcuts into the gui to get my settings.   (On my windows desktop, I have large fxp shortcuts with pictures of the particular piano as an icon.  In version 2, I could drag the shortcuts into the gui to activate.)

You can do that too in V3. But, I think that the new preset manager is better for that, because you can make your own preset bank, and select it to be the only one shown in preset choosing menu. Then with N and P keys you can switch your .fxp files!

Hard work and guts!

'N' for next and 'P' for previous?

Curt

curt wrote:

'N' for next and 'P' for previous?

Curt

Isn't that logical? Also, you have Help->View key mappings.

Seems like reading the manual isn't a terribly bad idea, right?

Hard work and guts!

Can you have 2 installations of pianoteq (bought) ? Installing one on my pro and one on my entertainment pc ?

You can have up to 3 instalations on different computers !

Go to the support page, on pianoteq site, to read about.

Last edited by Beto-Music (22-02-2009 18:20)

MUZE wrote:

I've made a sort of electro organ like sound from the new Hybrid model if anyone wants it

http://y1tpig.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p...p?download

MUZE:

Can you make it sound like a calliope?

Sort of kidding, but not really - someone on "Piano Forums" asked if anyone had a calliope sound, and I immediately thought of your post, and almost suggested that they try Pianoteq.  But I don't have a clue as to how to achieve it.

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultim.../6086.html

Glenn