Ends: May 31
Voting starts: June 1
Voting ends: June 10

First prize: One free license of Pianoteq, value 249 €
Second prize: Pianoteq rebate coupon, value 150 €
Third prize: Pianoteq rebate coupon, value 100 €

Rules:
-------

1. Upload your favourite FXP file that you have saved in Pianoteq 2.0 (can be done from the options-fxp menu). The FXP is your own favourite replicate of an existing or imaginary instrument or brand. It does not have to be a piano - anything is possible.

2. With the file, include a short description of it, such as "My grandma's old organ".

3. Upload an accompanying audio demo (15-45 seconds) in mp3 format so that voters can get an idea of how your FXP actually sounds like. Make sure that the music you use is not violating copyright. One ground rule is that you must be the composer of the music or that you have the direct permission from the composer to use it, or that the composer is dead since at least 70 years.

The contest is open for everybody - customers, trial users... We will list all entries in a specific contest entry thread on June 1. All members of this forum are then allowed to vote for their favourite. Let us all do what we can to make sure that this will be a good and fair contest. Let the fun begin!

Re: Pianoteq FXP contest

so.. all you have to do is upload the files for now, not post it anywhere on the forum ?

Yes, that's right. Just upload the files in the files section and I will summarize them all in a new thread on June 1.

I see you have already uploaded now, good.

yep. I find them there too. thx for the info

Hi,

I downloaded the pianoteq 2.0 trial, few days ago. I found it really nice, congratulations to the team. Using the parameters, I tried to see if I could retrieve a sound like a Rhodes piano, which is not already the same !  I have just uploaded the preset I made.

Best Regards,

Teoteo

Thanks Teoteo.

I don't know if I will be entering this contest but I am very interested in the recording possibilities offered by Pianoteq. In theory, capturing digital peformances is much more straightforward than acoustic pianos in anything other than a studio environment but so far, achieving the pefect authentic sound for burning to CD has eluded me. Results can sound satisfying when heard through headphones but are usually disappointing when the CD is played through a quality sound system and speakers. So if anyone can come up with a solution they will be worthy winners of this contest!

Hi,

Just a little thing I forgot to write when sending with my FXP program : moving the impedance parameter to 2.0 may give a better feeling, depending on each one taste.

Teoteo

I've uploaded an FXP and demo called Century for the contest. It's designed to work well with big strummy electric guitars. I only rarely leave a sound the same through a song, so the demo starts with the FXP-as-submitted and evolves from there; I hope that's okay.

Can we enter more than one FXP?

doug wrote:

Can we enter more than one FXP?

Thanks for your entry. Only one FXP per contestant.

a little explanation about my submission.

Celestial piano is just a timbral exploration form. It is inspired by something that you see in many star trek episodes. Instruments that are supposed to be native of a specific planet and have new ways of fictional sound generation.

So i wondered inside the smooth category and came up with a sound of my own to represent softness, mystery and a gentle mood...

*runs in, falls over, submits his fxp and mp3, then runs off to catch another spikey cloud*

http://www.haxed.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/11646/cloudsig6.gif

Ok, just spent a few hours making loads of presets than an extra hour to chose the one to submit.
I should have listened to the submitted sounds first. Anyway, I'll publish my other sounds after the contest.
Hope you'll enjoy them.

Matt