Topic: Problem with "lingering" signal on Roland A-88

Hello,

I am a little stuck on debugging a problem with my Roland A-88 controller.

Before I start to question my sanity or hearing, can someone please tell me the behaviour of pianoteq when you play a key with a sharp staccato?
How long does it take for you until the volume bar and the key signal in the curve display fade to 0?

for me it is slightly more than 2 seconds and it sounds as if someone had built a miniature church into my instrument.
I'd swear thats a new phenomenon, but maybe I'm seeing things.

Thanks!

Re: Problem with "lingering" signal on Roland A-88

remote wrote:

Hello,

I am a little stuck on debugging a problem with my Roland A-88 controller.

Before I start to question my sanity or hearing, can someone please tell me the behaviour of pianoteq when you play a key with a sharp staccato?
How long does it take for you until the volume bar and the key signal in the curve display fade to 0?

for me it is slightly more than 2 seconds and it sounds as if someone had built a miniature church into my instrument.
I'd swear thats a new phenomenon, but maybe I'm seeing things.

Thanks!

It depends on some settings in Pianoteq... I don't know what version you have but...

Reverb... Can make the it sound like you are in a big cathedral!

Under "ACTION" there is a slider called "Damping duration" that effects how long the tone takes to get silent.

Maybe even the "NOTE-OFF" curve (same window as "VELOCITY") may affect this...

Hope some of this will help!?!

Re: Problem with "lingering" signal on Roland A-88

It might be helpful if you post both an .mp3 audio file of the issue, and a MIDI file of your staccato performance (from which the .mp3 file is derived) so that others can hear the issue, test the MIDI file on their own Pianoteq and system, and then comment on it.

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (20-01-2017 01:51)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq