Topic: Chopin - Nocturne Op. 9 No. 1 in B Flat Minor

Recorded with Pianoteq 5.5, the D4 preset, and one of the 'Daily' FXP presets.

https://youtu.be/7XNEuFK2tOU

Re: Chopin - Nocturne Op. 9 No. 1 in B Flat Minor

Awesome and thank you for your presentation.
Might I ask what is 'brand' of instrument you are playing.
Wonderfully performed.
Patrick

Thanks. That's a Yamaha Clavinova CLP-575.

Very fine performance. Did you record the Pianoteq Steinway D directly in your computer, or did you use a microphone to record the output of some speakers? (How did you route and record the audio?)

The Pianoteq instruments sound very convincing.

Thank you for posting this very nice video.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Thanks.

I have a USB cable running from my Clavinova to my laptop, and I'm using a Yamaha driver that allows the piano to 'talk' MIDI over that cable. So Pianoteq sees the piano as an input device, and I set Pianoteq to record, and then I play. After that, I might go into Pianoteq to adjust some settings, mainly reverb. Then, export to WAV. I'll usually open up the WAV file in Audacity and adjust levels, I don't usually do any more processing on it.

I also record the video of me playing on my phone, which picks up the output of the Clavinova's speakers. Then, I use Windows Movie Maker to merge the WAV file and the recorded video. The phone records some very poor quality audio, but it's enough to help me line up the imported WAV file correctly with the video. This step is a bit manual / trial and error to get the synchronization right, otherwise the playing looks/sounds really weird. Once things are in sync, I delete the phone's recorded audio, and just use the WAV file as the audio track. Then, export to MP4/WMV, and upload to YouTube.

Hope that wasn't too hard to follow

Nice performance - thank you for submitting your work . It was an impulse for me to refresh this beautiful piece too.
Greetings from Poland