Topic: Thanks for MKII :)

Lovely addition to the Electric Pianos collection
However.. you did give me a scare!...I clicked on the Preset list, and found myself in "unknown territory".. took me a while to realise that the "Vintage Tines R2" instrument (and its contained presets) were now renamed to "Vintage Tines MK1". As they say here in France, "Plus de peur que de mal!".. all my user Presets for R2 (errm, sorry.. I mean "MK1" ) are still all present and correct .

Mac Pro Quad-Core (2009) 2.66 GHz | 16GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3|MOTU Midi Timepiece AV | Mac OS X 10.9.5 | Cubase 9.0.30.266| and others ;)

Re: Thanks for MKII :)

Pianoteq releases MkII and it's free indeed for those who have Electric Pianos. Presets by the infamous KP Rausch of KPR fame. Still grateful for his work on the Alesis Fusion.
https://www.pianoteq.com/electric
Edit: thank you, Pianoteq!

Last edited by Fleer (09-06-2016 03:06)
Pianoteq 8 Pro Studio with Classical Guitar and Organteq 2

Fleer wrote:

Presets by the infamous KP Rausch of KPR fame. Still grateful for his work on the Alesis QuadraSynth.

I did not know that KP Rausch contributed to the Alesis Quadrasynth. I bought one of those when it was released in 1993. More than 20 years ago. Wow.

Last edited by Wheat Williams (08-06-2016 20:21)
Dayton, Ohio, United States of America
macOS 10.14.6 Mojave • Apple MacBook Pro (2017), no Touch Bar • 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 2 core • 8GB RAM

Wheat Williams wrote:
Fleer wrote:

Presets by the infamous KP Rausch of KPR fame. Still grateful for his work on the Alesis QuadraSynth.

I did not know that KP Rausch contributed to the Alesis Quadrasynth. I bought one of those when it was released in 1993. More than 20 years ago. Wow.

Klaus Rausch (nomen est omen) primarily worked on the Alesis Fusion: http://www.backintimerecords.de/bitr022.htm

Pianoteq 8 Pro Studio with Classical Guitar and Organteq 2

I love these sounds... On Spotify I follow this Fender Rhodes and wurlys playlist: https://play.spotify.com/user/12800199/...edium=open

I had been dragging my feet considering purchasing the electric pianos, but with the addition of the new Rhodes MK II, Pianoteq's electric piano collection became irresistable.

I have owned both a Rhodes MK II and a Wurlitzer electric spinet in the past, and loved the sounds but hated the actions and the frustrating eccentricities, the sometimes complex and time-consuming physical adjustments of the tines and electric pickups of the MK II, and the limited range of the Wurltizer keyboard. The Pianoteq instruments sound beautiful and amazingly convincing, and more even across the whole range of the piano than the physical instruments did, including extending the range of the Wurlitzer, while being triggered with modern, very responsive and satisfying MIDI keyboards, making these much better sounding, with much less work, than the original instruments.

The MK II presets are awesome!

Thank you so much, Modartt!

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (11-06-2016 00:01)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Yeah! I'm so happy about the new MKII! I had the Electric pianos pack for a long time and those collections upgrades are like christmas for me, thank you very much, Modartt team!

Just for interest, I noticed that with MKII the performance index is around 50% less than with an Acoustic Piano patch.

For example with D4 Daily Practice (Monophonic) the index is 22 on my netbook and with MKII Basic Mono (Monophonic) it is 11. But it is absolute no problem, the "felt" performance seems to be identical to the D4.

And I don't understand the idea/model behind the two available presets "MKII Basic mono" and "MKII Basic stereo". Both have the same spatial spreading with the Line Out (stereo) and both sound mono with the Line Out (mono).

Just that the "MKII Basic stereo" preset is generally a bit brighter/less mellow, than the "MKII Basic mono".

Cheers

PS: Pianoteq 5.7.1, CPU N2930, amd64, Debian Jessie.

Love it.  Thankyou Modarrt.

groovy wrote:

And I don't understand the idea/model behind the two available presets "MKII Basic mono" and "MKII Basic stereo". Both have the same spatial spreading with the Line Out (stereo) and both sound mono with the Line Out (mono).

Maybe it's just the same preset, with the only difference being Line Out Mono vs Line Out Stereo - nothing wrong with that. (I haven't noticed any particular difference in the tone)

Greg.

skip wrote:

Maybe it's just the same preset, with the only difference being Line Out Mono vs Line Out Stereo - nothing wrong with that. (I haven't noticed any particular difference in the tone)

I guess your are right, skip. I had the Output selector as a "frozen" parameter (set to mono) and so didn't notice the flip from Line out (stereo) to Line out (mono).

Stephen_Doonan wrote:

The Pianoteq instruments sound beautiful and amazingly convincing, and more even across the whole range of the piano than the physical instruments did, including extending the range of the Wurlitzer, while being triggered with modern, very responsive and satisfying MIDI keyboards, making these much better sounding, with much less work, than the original instruments.

Without comparing to the real thing, I always enjoy the playability of physical modelling since the Korg Prophecy. It has improved a lot now, especially in the piano world. I'm more into electronic instead of a session player and only Pianoteq EPs (Rhodes, Wurli and Hohner) fit me well, they have balls and live sounding musicality compared to several things I've tried. I like Lizard Lounge for it's mid to upper register, also the Arturia Stage-73 V as a background sound. But for playability, overall tone, character, bark and low register, it's the Pianoteq for me. It made me feel like playing an instrument. I can't wait to see how they develop within the next ten years, it's going to be a very exciting period since it's already this good right now.