Topic: Suggestion: Electric pianos should have more presets

Last Xmas Lounge Lizard was 1/2 price for $99. Now it's $199.

The presets on Pianoteq sound as authentic to me, but there aren't nearly as many presets. I would imagine that Pianoteq has the capability to create most of the same sounds as Lounge Lizard, but I'm not an electric piano connoisseur, and I wouldn't know where to start.

When I go to the FXP corner, I notice that there is only one FXP for the Rhodes and none for the Wurlitzer.

I think that Pianoteq should either create more presets or they should farm out the work to someone who can do the job.

I have K2, D, Kremsegg #1, Bluthner, Model B. But when it comes to electric pianos, at this point, I will wait to see if Lounge Lizard goes on sale again.

Pianoteq 6 Std, Bluthner, Model B, Grotian, YC5, Hohner, Kremsegg #1, Electric Pianos. Roland FP-90, Windows 10 quad core, Xenyx Q802USB, Yamaha HS8 monitors, Audio Technica
ATH-M50x headphones.

Re: Suggestion: Electric pianos should have more presets

Well with the addition of the MKII to Pianoteq's electric piano package, I decided to purchase.

I still give the edge to Lounge Lizard as they include a Mark V and some other unnamed electric pianos, but at $199 for Lounge Lizard vs. $59 for Pianoteq - I was sold.

I'm not an audiophile, but I can hear quality, and both companies make a great electric piano that fool my ears completely. I have a Yamaha PSR-S970 that has a whole bank of electric pianos. It's a $1700 keyboard, and the electric pianos sound great - but these modeled EP's have nuances that you can't get with Yamaha's samples.

Thanks, Modart

Pianoteq 6 Std, Bluthner, Model B, Grotian, YC5, Hohner, Kremsegg #1, Electric Pianos. Roland FP-90, Windows 10 quad core, Xenyx Q802USB, Yamaha HS8 monitors, Audio Technica
ATH-M50x headphones.

Beaky,

Here are a few 'other' sounds, all made with the MkII and nothing else (*). Not sure if these are all that useful per se, but they might suggest some ideas when exploring the possibilities of the software and the MkII-model.

http://users.telenet.be/deridderpiet.be...Sounds.mp3
ZIP-file with the 14 fxp-files: http://users.telenet.be/deridderpiet.be...Sounds.zip

(*) 14 instances of Pianoteq (all loaded with the MkII model) in a Logic session. Apart from some EQ and a bit of compression/limiting on the MasterOut, there is no third party processing used here, all the sounds were created entirely inside Pianoteq.

_

Piet De Ridder wrote:

Beaky,

Here are a few 'other' sounds, all made with the MkII and nothing else (*)

Hey Piet,
that is total genius!
(but do they let you out on your own? )

Mac Pro Quad-Core (2009) 2.66 GHz | 16GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3|MOTU Midi Timepiece AV | Mac OS X 10.9.5 | Cubase 9.0.30.266| and others ;)

Those sounds are freaking ridiculous.

In a good way

Hard work and guts!

That's awesome! You really demonstrate the synth-like capabilities of Pianoteq. I saved some of these for future perusal.

ATH-M50x headphones.

Piet De Ridder wrote:

http://users.telenet.be/deridderpiet.be...Sounds.mp3
ZIP-file with the 14 fxp-files: http://users.telenet.be/deridderpiet.be...Sounds.zip

(*) 14 instances of Pianoteq (all loaded with the MkII model) in a Logic session. Apart from some EQ and a bit of compression/limiting on the MasterOut, there is no third party processing used here, all the sounds were created entirely inside Pianoteq.

Hello, Piet!

Could you perhaps reupload this example and FXPs? I wanted to showcase in your stead what Pianoteq could do when pushed out of the left field, which you did there (in a KvR thread here: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi...p6677713), alas I found these files are not online anymore...

Thanks!

Hard work and guts!

I still have the audio file (PTQ_MkII_OtherSounds), but unfortunately, I appear to have deleted the ZIP-file with the fxp's. Sorry about that.

_

Piet, I have MkII_OtherSounds.zip (or whatever the exact file name was), if you would like me to upload it to the file area for you.

- David

Thanks!

Well, I couldn't figure out how to share it as a file (the "Other Files" area of the Pianoteq User Forum wouldn't take a ZIP - "wrong file type" it said.

Anyway, I uploaded Piet's MKII presets to my Dropbox account, and have the link printed here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2nno37edu6ym...s.zip?dl=0

David

- David

Thanks, dklein and Piet (and wow, I forgot how good those sounds were)!

Regarding uploading files, they should be uploaded as FXP if they are FXP (and they are), so... they need to go one by one to FXP corner!

Last edited by EvilDragon (15-01-2017 10:17)
Hard work and guts!

OK, Dragon - It was a tough job, but the job is done.  All 14 now uploaded as separate FXP files.

Thanks, Piet, for your contributions!

( and now, Piet, as I read the descriptions, attributing each to Raush or Modartt, I don't know if any of the descriptions have meaning for each of your creations/modifications)

Last edited by dklein (15-01-2017 17:09)
- David

Hi...i am a new user here. I still give the edge to Lounge Lizard as they include a Mark V and some other unnamed electric pianos, but at $199 for Lounge Lizard vs. $59 for Pianoteq - I was sold.I'm not an audiophile, but I can hear quality, and both companies make a great electric piano that fool my ears completely. I have a Yamaha PSR-S970 that has a whole bank of electric pianos. It's a $1700 keyboard, and the electric pianos sound great - but these modeled EP's have nuances that you can't get with Yamaha's samples.

Hartelijk dank, Piet. And thanks to you as well, David.

Pianoteq 8 Pro Studio with Classical Guitar and Organteq 2

Many thanks for sharing the presets!

There is so much potential in each of the Pianoteq acoustic and electric piano models, when provided with all of the controls and modifications possible within PTQ, as demonstrated in the huge number of contributed FXP files. IMHO, most of the head-to-head comparison reviews of PTQ vs sampled or modeled instruments from other creators are misleading.  They often seem to only compare supplied presets from each source, ignoring that the quality or feature being compared is not fixed, but easily adjustable within PTQ. For example, I've seen reviews that critique the PTQ Rhodes models in comparison to a competitor with regard to the accuracy of the bark dynamics in a certain octave compared to a sampled instrument from another vendor, something easily adjusted within PTQ.

RicaIii wrote:

Hi...i am a new user here. I still give the edge to Lounge Lizard as they include a Mark V and some other unnamed electric pianos, but at $199 for Lounge Lizard vs. $59 for Pianoteq - I was sold.I'm not an audiophile, but I can hear quality, and both companies make a great electric piano that fool my ears completely. I have a Yamaha PSR-S970 that has a whole bank of electric pianos. It's a $1700 keyboard, and the electric pianos sound great - but these modeled EP's have nuances that you can't get with Yamaha's samples.

Applied Acoustics have some interesting models, particularly Chromaphone and Lounge Lizard.
You can get them at half price regularly. For electrics, I love them both, Pianoteq as well as AAS.
Yet for acoustic piano models, Pianoteq rules at quite a distance.

Pianoteq 8 Pro Studio with Classical Guitar and Organteq 2