Topic: Darker Brew

Original composition - a muscular jazz piece using PT Bluthner with various parameter modifications (FXP available on request), as well as some EQ and reverb all loaded into Cubase Pro. By the way, I'm not convinced Soundcloud fidelity is all that great ... hope it sounds okay!

https://soundcloud.com/honjr/darker-brew

Re: Darker Brew

What a wonderful piece! Outstanding. Beautiful articulation and modulations, just great.

SoundCloud has many complaints about its low audio quality. I'm trying to think of an alternative myself, like hosting my own audio files (where I have complete control of their final form, unlike SoundClout that transcodes every file into low-quality MP3, while perhaps using OGG Vorbis or OPUS encoders.

Anyway, thanks for posting and sharing your wonderful compositions!

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Stephen_Doonan wrote:

What a wonderful piece! Outstanding. Beautiful articulation and modulations, just great.

SoundCloud has many complaints about its low audio quality. I'm trying to think of an alternative myself, like hosting my own audio files (where I have complete control of their final form, unlike SoundClout that transcodes every file into low-quality MP3, while perhaps using OGG Vorbis or OPUS encoders.

Thank you Stephen! Glad you enjoyed this.

I was a little disappointed with the SoundCloud audio quality - but at least it's free. Maybe they have another paid version with higher quality - I'll check into that.

honjr wrote:
Stephen_Doonan wrote:

Thank you Stephen! Glad you enjoyed this.

I was a little disappointed with the SoundCloud audio quality - but at least it's free. Maybe they have another paid version with higher quality - I'll check into that.

Just checked - does not seem to be any increase in audio quality with paid subscription (which seems way too expensive for what you get by the way).

honjr wrote:

Just checked - does not seem to be any increase in audio quality with paid subscription (which seems way too expensive for what you get by the way).

If one enables "download" for their audio files at SoundCloud, a visitor is able to download the original file as uploaded by the member, but the low quality of their streaming MP3 versions has caused many complaints. BandCamp.com has higher quality streaming files. PicoSong.com offers the exact file that is uploaded, but supports limited file formats (just MP3 at present, not .ogg nor .flac nor .opus)

Many people host their audio files at their own domain, if they have registered and own a domain on the Internet (such as "MyNiftyDomain.com" or whatever). I believe that there are some open-source CMS's (content management systems) that either specialize in or offer audio-file self-hosting. I plan to check on those sometime.

Anyway, great creative work!

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (27-04-2016 14:11)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq