Topic: tuning with pianoteq

hi,
i just downloaded the trial-version, i'm an absolute pianoteq-beginner!
there is one thing, i can't understand.
using other tunings than equal or welltempered need a definition of the fundamental, other way I could play evry baroque music only in C. How can I define the key?
thanx
klex

Re: tuning with pianoteq

It would be handy to be able to choose the central key for the various temperaments, but it wouldn't be historically accurate. A baroque instrument would (of course) be in a single temperament (no tuning menus on those babies) so the various temperaments are different approaches to keeping (mostly) thirds in tune in as many keys as possible.

I find that both the "Well" and Werkmeister III are very good from Bb to E, give or take. They tend to get wonky outside those keys but at first no wonkier than equal temperament. If you move the central key around, of course, you'd never have to deal with wonkiness, but that's part of the beauty of a Well temperament; that each key has its own character.

Thank You for your answer,
Yes, You are right, if we talk about werckmeister and others "modern" baroque tunings, and I have to admit, that this was part of my question. But how is it with "mitteltönig" (don't know the english word, sorry), pythagoras and indian scales, which are also included in the pianoteq-software?
are thy all tuned on a C-fundamental?
thanx
klx

yeah, and any "just intonation" tuning needs to have the root note specified, surely?