Topic: Muse Receptor

I have a Muse receptor and Pianteq installed on it, and it runs great.  New piano sounds for downloading have "ptq" extensions.  My receptor only knows how to deal with "fxp" files.  Does anyone know if there is a way to implement "ptq" files or whether this is beyond the capability of a receptor pro currently.

Bill

Re: Muse Receptor

I am interested in adding a Receptor when my current RAM necessitates. Right now I have PTeq on my DAW, and since it appears to eliminate several large Gigastudio libraries in one fell swoop, I might not need a Receptor.
Once V Rack starts selling Muse will either start converting more instruments to help stem competition and this will serve all of us better.
The basic 160GB versions are going for 700-1000 USD used on ebay right now, and sure look tempting.
From what guys I have shared a stage with that use Receptors say that the Linux O.S. can load more per GB of RAM than DAW based XP O.S.'s can.
V Rack had better be 64bit and access more than 2GB's of RAM on the ITX motherboard it uses, or it's claims to load any VST for 2000 USD more than a used Receptor won't be that significant to justify it's expense.
The V Machine on the other hand is what will continue to sell, and further bring down the Receptors costs.
I love competition, otherwise developments have no motivation in a profit driven market.

Hardware Analog, DSP, PhysMod. VSTi Romplers....

Re: Muse Receptor

Bill, you should contact Muse Research, they do have a procedure for installing ptq files for Pianoteq. (I don't know the details of that procedure)