Topic: Yamaha CLP 545

So after some trial and error I came up with the best curves for my Piano which is the Yamaha CLP 545. It comes with Velocity, Note off and pedal curves to optimize how the keyboard actually operates.
I've been using it with the American Steinway (bluthner based) preset from the fxp corner and it's a dream to play.
Any suggestions or improvements are welcome.

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7elhpkmrjym6x....mfxp?dl=0

Last edited by xkuruma (17-11-2015 14:03)

Re: Yamaha CLP 545

Also this piano uses the NWX (Natural Wood) keyboard so I would try it on other pianos with the same action

Hello, xkuruma !

Are you putting the pianoteq sound through the 545's internal speakers? Did you need to make any changes in the equalization to improve?
I think of buying an upright digital piano with loud speakers to use the Pianoteq when I want to record and use the internal sounds to practice.
What do you tell me about this clp 545 interaction with pianoteq?!
Surpassed your expectations?

Grettings from Brazil

Hi xkuruma!
I own a Clavinova Clp 675.
Do you think your curves would fits also for my keyboard?
Many thanks,
Marco

Thanks for sharing this velocity curve. I've just tried it out on the CLP-470 (predecessor of the CLP-575 I believe) which also has the NW action, and it worked like a charm. I now have a far better control, especially in the ppp and pp ranges. Much appreciated!

xkuruma wrote:

Also this piano uses the NWX (Natural Wood) keyboard so I would try it on other pianos with the same action

Last edited by InstruJam (28-09-2023 22:20)