Topic: Nord

Hi,

While it's little off-topic, somebody might be interested:

Yesterday Clavia Nord gave us (Nord users) a new grand piano for free download: Shigery Kawai (SK7). In Nord Piano Library there's already plenty of grands and uprights to choose from: Steinway Model D, Bosendorfer Grand Imperial, Italian Fazioli, Yamaha S4. Uprights are great too, especially mellow Bosendorfer C130 and many people think that their EP's are best out there.

I think this company's policy is quite unique if you compare them most big names (like Roland, Yamaha, Kawai etc.). With Nord you'll get this free library of many options. Their weakest part for piano player is their keyboard action which is Fatar and would not satisfy many piano players. On the other hand it's great compromise between EP and AP touch and portability (light weight to carry). I am a gigging keyboard player and on the road for me there's no substitute for Nord at the moment. On the other hand, at home I barely touch my Nord when I practise. However if I wanna record something, this quite huge piano library is great.

Here's a video clip, a guy from Italy demoing this new Kawai sound:

https://youtu.be/nj2SAWiednA

And just to be sure, I have no affiliation to Nord company, I just happen to like their different business philosophy and products.