Topic: Nice classical music!!

Hey Creart,
I really enjoyed your mp3; good job!    Can you share with us which preset and/or add-on was used?  i really liked that piano, although I thought it could have used a little more reverb to match up better with the orchestra.  And speaking of that, was that the Garritan Personal Orchestra VST?  Very realistic, and well done on your part.

Thanks!

Music is the fuel of my soul engine

Re: Nice classical music!!

Hey Dreamsmith

thanx!! Yes it was the Garritan Personal Orchestra VST together with Pianoteq

The preset is one I'm still working on - it's supposed to be a Steinway simulation based on an Erard add-on.. gone though about 30 changes or so up to now but still not satisfied enough...
I might work on the music a bit more later on, if so I will add some more reverb to it as well... I did already add some convolution reverb - the same as I used on GPO but it's quite possible that it can do with some more I wasn't that clear anymore...

btw I had been listening to your Starr piano earlier too - had not come around to comment on it yet... I do like it though!

thanx again!

I thought as I said, your mp3 sounded excellent!  But it sounded to me as if the orchestra was in a large hall, but the piano was added later, from a studioi.  I'm fairly certain more reverb would make the piano sound as it it's also in the hall.  I've listened to countless recordings of large orchestras and pianos, and I know I'm not an expert (that's why I'm on this forum!), but I do recognize the thing I just mentioned, because I'm trying to achieve that reality also.

I'm looking forward to tying your fxp, when you're ready to publish it, because I think it's very, very good! And frankly, I dodn't know why you're hesitating at all, because it's better than some others I've heard (including some of mine).

And thanks for the nice words about my piano!

hey Dreamsmith
thanx for the kind words again...
I took a look at the file and the reverb level for the piano was about 20% of that for GPO so quite a bit softer - I will change ... but I will probably extend the piece also so you expect a new one in a later stage..
As to the fxp - I'm 'building' it using feedback from a composer/conductor that I know and we want it to be as perfect as we can get it before 'opening up'

Creart:   Sounds like a good plan (I wish I had a compuser/conductor friend!).    I'm looking forward to playing your preset when it's finished.   Thanks!