Topic: I would like to hear Prokofiev on Pianoteq

I don't have a good midi for that, and also don´t have the Symphonic orchetra software.

If someone yhere could recreate the Prokofiev-3rd  using pianoteq for the piano sound, It would be great.

Here a video of the Prokofiev-3dr from the film The Competiution (1980) : 

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq35DIt9Y_4

Sure that it's not Amy Irving who is playing the real performance used in the film.

Re: I would like to hear Prokofiev on Pianoteq

Beto-Music wrote:

If someone here could recreate the Prokofiev-3rd  using pianoteq for the piano sound, It would be great.

I could do it... in my dreams...  or if I had some Audio to MIDI conversion software that's much better than what's currently available.  But yeah, that would be cool... Are there any "consortiums" that have been recreating the major (& minor ) symphonies in MIDI format ?  You really can't just play/convert the sheet music as it lacks expression, DYT ?

"Downing a fifth results in diminished capacity."

One of the best places I know of with Midi's of Piano Concertos is located at: http://kunstderfuge.com/midi.htm
This one is the best one I know of because many of the contributors have put a great deal of effort into interpretting the pieces and making them sound musical (i.e. not just entering in the notes).

Another location I know of is:
http://www.classicalarchives.com/

in general, the quality of classical midi files on the webcan vary significantly.  Many of them sound very mechanical or just wrong.  Some sound somewhat realistic and a few sound good.  They all fall short of real performers and perhaps they always will.  It is astounding to me, however, that I can fit an entire orchestra and piano inside a small laptop computer.

I have used Pianoteq with some of the midi Piano Concertos I have downloaded and I think Pianoteq sounds quite good.  It is challenging (perhaps impossible) to balance orchestral sounds and Pianoteq with these Midi files since the setup used by the midi file authors is guaranteed to be different than my setup.  On another thread, it was noted that midi files work best with the instruments they were created for.  This problem is magnified dramatically for piano concerto midi files.  I am very much an amateur and have a lot to learn.

I did a quick search to see if someone had sequenced the 3rd Piano Concerto of Prokofiev, but I did not find it.  When I listen to these concertos, I use Cantabile, Pianoteq, and some free VST's/soundfonts that are out there.

If anybody here have the EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold or Platinum, could try use a quality midi for the orchestra, and a final mix using Pianoteq for the piano.

I have a midi, but it's simple, and had set other instruments for some piano passages.

About the midi be a problem if performed in a instrument, and be played in other, I think a velocity curve with adjust along the keyboard range could be usefull to try to compensate the deviations.   Sure it would require a lot of skill, technical and musical skills, to do it fine.

don't have EWQL, but I do have Garritan Personal Orchestra - could give that midi a try?

I will search the  Prokofiev in my files and try to add to the Pianoteq forum files section.

creart wrote:

don't have EWQL, but I do have Garritan Personal Orchestra - could give that midi a try?

okido, I'll keep watching the files-section

I had to remove it from pianoteq forum due copyrights concern.

But I believe it's not wrong put this link to a website, with several midi files.

http://www.scena.org/midi/music/

creart wrote:

okido, I'll keep watching the files-section

Hey Beto-Music
that's a nice site you found there might just give it a look....

Hey BetoMusic
just to let you know that I am working on it, but it needs quite some tuning.... and i'm pretty busy all over so it may take some time but I will get back on it...