Topic: update from 2.2 to 2.3

I got some problems after having made the update from 2.2 to 2.3: a "unique id dll conflict" or something like that (I can't remember the exact message since I  already restored my system).
I think that it would be safer to make next versions remove older ones... or least suggest it during the installation process. Now, you have to manually uninstall 2.2 before installing 2.3 if you want to avoid conflicts.
NB: this is maybe not the case with a more "standard" VST installation like Cubase but I'm running a Soundscape setup and I'm VERY happy with it, I don't even consider changing :-)

Re: update from 2.2 to 2.3

I'm pleased to hear there's an update available -
but I only found out by chance from looking at the website -

could Modart give registered users the option to subscribe to a software updates email alert?

Re: update from 2.2 to 2.3

Hi Feline, we did mention it in our newsletter sent on  23 June 2008 , if you subscribed and did not receive it, please let us know. Here was the content:

Dear Pianoteq user,

This is the latest newsletter from Modartt, the developers of Pianoteq. To unsubscribe, see instructions at the bottom of this email.

Summer group buy
----------------
On popular demand, starting on July 1 and ending on July 31, we will offer a group buy with prices from 229 down to 179 euros (ordinary price is 249 euros). If interested in participating, please note that the number of participants is limited to 100. When this number is reached, the group buy offer will end. More details: http://www.pianoteq.com/groupbuy.php

Grimaldi harpsichord add-on
---------------------------
We are proud to announce the latest add-on instrument: the harpsichord Grimaldi (1697), copied by Andrew Wooderson (Bexley, 2007). Typical of a short-scaled Italian instrument it has a crispness of attack and transparency of tone that makes it ideal for continuo use, and is also well suited to 17th and 18th Century Italian and German solo repertoire. Its two registers can be played separately or combined together. The add-on can be downloaded freely by all customers at https://www.pianoteq.com/support#download

Pianoteq 2.3 released
---------------------
Version 2.3 offers an improved reverberation and is required for use of the Grimaldi add-on instrument. The upgrade is free to all customers. There is also a trial version with an evaluation period of 45 days. It is open for evaluation also to former trial users whose evaluation period expired.

Marco Borsatti
--------------
Grammy Award sound engineer Marco Borsatti, known for his work with major artists such as Laura Pausini, Andrea Bocelli and Eros Ramazotti, tells about his experience of Pianoteq at www.pianoteq.com/reviews#borsatti

The user forum
--------------
Visit the Pianoteq user forum for advice and discussions. Current active threads:
-  Wishlist for Pianoteq V2.x
-  Pianoteq and the v-box
-  Linux HOWTO?

Best wishes,
// The MODARTT team - www.pianoteq.com