Topic: Manual effects

I finally took the plunge and bought pianoteq.  I thought the demo of the quasi-prepared piano was cool, and was looking for any setting that would allow for finger damping (muting).  First, I would be interested to know how that was accomplished for that demo, and second I would like to add my request for future versions--the ability to add some manual on the strings effects (muting at the bridge, harmonics, plucking, scraping, etc.).

Happy new user,
Tim

Re: Manual effects

I doubt if prepared piano sounds are high on the development list -and probably for good reason- but I, too, would love to see it implemented.  Imagine custom controllers, like a ribbon, used for strumming the strings with your fingers...  or creating a tack piano... or for creating the sound of your tuner's business card that fell behind the action -yes, I called him to come fix the noise but luckily saw the card before he came out..!

"Downing a fifth results in diminished capacity."

Hi Tim and Cellomangler,
we don't have the fxp file of that specific sound as it was recorded by another user. However, you could try this to get a prepared piano:
- impedance set to minimum
- cutoff slightly reduced
- Q factor set to maximum
- hammer noise slightly reduced
- maybe some tweakings of the overtones
- eventually a second instance something similar but with more gentle settings.
There are probably many other possibilities...

Thanks for the advice!
Tim