Topic: A couple of demos I did with PTQ Stage 4.5

Hi there - hope you don't mind me posting this, but hopefully it might interest some of you:

I recently published two volumes of piano music with Editions Musica Ferrum - they both contain short, fairly easy pieces aimed primarily at piano students who want to explore some modern repertoire. My publisher put together a couple of demo reels to showcase 4 pieces from each - the sound is Pianoteq Stage 4.5 

Volume 1, subtitled "Dreams, Themes and Love Songs"

Volume 2, subtitled "Jazz, Blues and Latin Grooves"

First video uses the Blüthner, second uses one of the Steinway jazz presets.

Re: A couple of demos I did with PTQ Stage 4.5

Dear Mr. Crossland - What a refreshing demo using modeling from Pianoteq . . . and each composition is quite unique as if they were played and written by different people. 

Lanny

pardon my misspelling of your name . . . Mr. Crosland.

Lanny

Thank you so much, Lanny - I can easily find it in my heart to forgive the all-too-common misspelling of my name in the wake of such compliments!

Very cool simple stuff. Well done!

Hard work and guts!

Thanks!

It emanates a nice feeling on us.

Good work.

May I make a request?

What about use the Honk Tonk add-on and create something with the sort of feeling like from the film The Sting (1973) ?

Well, I'm not the kind of composer who can write to order like that (unfortunately), but here's one I made earlier:

The Ha'penny Rag (pronounced 'haypny' - an old fashioned term for 'half a penny').

It's from one of my "Get Set Jazz!" books I did with a different publisher a few years ago. I just knocked up a quick take with the Honky Tonk preset in the D4 model.

This the sort of thing you were thinking of?

Ben Crosland wrote:

Well, I'm not the kind of composer who can write to order like that (unfortunately), but here's one I made earlier:

The Ha'penny Rag (pronounced 'haypny' - an old fashioned term for 'half a penny').

It's from one of my "Get Set Jazz!" books I did with a different publisher a few years ago. I just knocked up a quick take with the Honky Tonk preset in the D4 model.

That is a great sound.

I have all 3 of those books you published earlier.    They are terrific little tunes.

ddascher wrote:

That is a great sound.

I have all 3 of those books you published earlier.    They are terrific little tunes.

Cool! Thanks for letting me know

Thanks, that was nice.

:-)

Ben Crosland wrote:

The simplicity of these pieces cannot mask the fact that they are composed of some great melodies, wonderful harmonic and rhythmic structures and very fine and original musical ideas. Really great music.

Here are some links for Ben Crosland and his music--

Ben Crosland YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/spydabee

Ben Crosland at Musica-Ferrum.com
http://www.musica-ferrum.com/composers/Ben-Crosland.php

FaceBook page
https://m.facebook.com/bencroslandpiano/

Ben Crosland at SoundCloud
m.soundcloud.com/ben-crosland
&
m.soundcloud.com/ben-crosland-2

Ben Crosland's "Magic Beans" sheet music collection, review
https://pianodao.com/2016/03/02/magic-b...-crosland/

Great stuff!

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (20-04-2016 23:37)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq