Topic: Logic Express 8 Help Needed for Pianoteq

To start (this is my first post) I am a big fan of Pianoteq and it is my go to piano for both live and studio work.  The FXP postings by forum members are also outstanding.  I have been working on a solo piano project using Pianoteq.  I have no problem whatsoever using Pianoteq in standalone mode on my iMac - no glitches, crashing, note stealing etc.  However, when I use Pianoteq as a plug in in Logic Express 8 and hold down the sustain pedal, the plug in shuts off if too many notes are being held, Logic Express stops recording and I get an error message.  I don't have this problem with other plug ins.  I am using a Mackie Onyx 400F as my interface.  I have changed the latency settings from 128 to 256 and turned on the low latency mode in Logic Express.  The problem is less severe but still occurs. 

One of the main benefits of Pianoteq over the sample libraries I have is that I typically don't worry about how many notes I have sustained at a given time - I just play.  I would like the performance of Pianoteq to be the same as a VST plug in as in stand alone mode.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jeremy

www.apothecaryband.com

Re: Logic Express 8 Help Needed for Pianoteq

Logic (and Mac audio in general) has been having some troubles since OS 10.5.2--these may be part of it. Suggestions:
-reinstall your keyboard/usb driver
-make sure you're running Logic Express 8.0.1 (soon to be 8.0.2)
-turn off Airport

What Mac do you have? If it's a MacBook make sure you're using the front USB port.

There's more on this over at Apple's Logic forum.

Thanks.  I will try your suggestions.  I am running a 2.4 iMac with 4 GB Ram.

Jeremy

www.apothecaryband.com

I turned off Airport and tried Logic Express 8 with Pianoteq - smooth playing with as many notes sustained as I wanted.  Thanks for the help!

Jeremy

www.apothecaryband.com

Both Logic Express and OS 10.5 got updates today. With luck the troubles will be over.

The problems are gone (even with Air Port on).

Thanks.

Jeremy

www.apothecaryband.com