Topic: FL Studio Sustain Pedal

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this (or confirm it's a bug).

In FL Studio let's say I press record then play. I play some notes using Pianoteq then I click on the sustain pedal (rightmost foot pedal graphic) and continue playing.

When I play the recording back, the pedal push instuction is NOT called.

Basically, whatever I record, when I playback in FL Studio Painoteq defaults to all pedals off. I can click it on myself and the playback continues with the pedal set.

This is a show stopper when it comes to exporting to wav mp3 etc.

I have the demo version, is this an intentional restriction? Or a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Mitch.

Re: FL Studio Sustain Pedal

Hi Mitch,

In the current version, the pedals are not automatable via the pianoteq gui (that is when you click on the pedal, the host is not notified that the pedal state has changed, hence it is not recorded in your project). You can control (and record) the sustain with a sustain pedal controller that will send the "midi control change #64" message to pianoteq. If you don't have a pedal, your host has certainly the ability to manually insert midi control changes in your track. You can also use the "midi learn" feature of pianoteq if you want to control the sustain pedal with the modulation wheel of your keyboard