Topic: I'm a new user

Hi All,  Just thought I'd say 'Hi'.  I just purchased Pianoteq and have a lot to learn,  but felt that it was a lot more flexible than a plain smple based instrument. I'm going to troll through the posts and hopefully, learn a lot.  Please accept my thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Talk to you soon,

Charlie

Re: I'm a new user

I Charlie,

I am in the same boat as you -- just joined the forums and purchased and am trying to learn as much as I can in order to make the setup work optimally with my laptop.

good luck!

ethanay

Welcome  I'm sure once your comfortable, its hard to use anything else

Thanks guys...this really sounds awesome!

Do visit the Files area of the forum (by clicking on File on the menu bar at the top of the forum) to hear and download and contribute to the catalog of fxp's and mp3's.

Last edited by Jake Johnson (13-05-2008 17:17)

Thanks,

I installed the 2.2 trial version first, and saved some .fxp files.  Do you know how to copy them to my full 2.2 version that I just installed?  Also,  would you know if I can uninstall version 2.1 and the trial version from my hard drive,  or should I just keep them  installed?

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

1. Just use Windows Explorer or the Mac equivalent to copy and paste the fxp file to the new folder. (You can save the fxp files to any folder that you want. Just in case you're not sure about these things: You then have to open the fxp by clicking on the Options menu in the lower right corner of the PianoTeq interface, hovering over FXP, and then clicking on Load fxp from File. From there, you can select the  folder where you stored the fxp. Some people store the fxp's in the same folder as the VSTI dll. Other people create an fxp folder that holds all of their fxp's and name the fxp so they can tell which fxp goes with which program. This latter way of working may seem odd, but it keeps all of the fxp's in one place, so you always know where to find them, instead of forcing you to search for the folder where the program file\dll is stored. It also lets you keep different versions of a program installed, and call the same fxp from just one folder.)

2. About uninstalling previous versions of PianoTeq: I don't think that the PianoTeq installation does much in terms of creating code in the registry, so you should be able to uninstall one without doing harm to more recent versions. In any case, if removing the old version causes problems, you can just reinstall the more recent version. I do know that, of course, if you're sure that you have each version of the program in a different folder, including all of the presets, you can simply delete older versions without any harm. But since PianoTeq takes up little space, you may want to keep the older versions--you may find that for some songs, you prefer a preset that has changed slightly in a more recent version. Or you may want to just experiment with what older versions can do, or even mix and match versions, setting up splits in Cantabile or a similar program.

Thanks again,

Charlie

So,  the files page has fxp's and stuff that other users have uploaded and that I can load and try?  That is so cool! I can't wait to see what's there!  I've made a preset for a Bill Evan's type piano sound using my FATAR controller that sounds pretty convincing (to me). I can upload it on the files page?

Charlie