Topic: Lid open, closed, half open and *disabled*

I bought Pianoteq before v 2.x
The big difference between old and v2 for me was the lid open/closed element.
I've kept the old version as well as the new, because the old version's sound without the lid feature just sounded more close / was just more plain in your face (especially in headphones). The new one sounds great, and definitely sounds more authentic (like i'm sitting at the keyboard of a grand, and of course the middle range sounds so much better) but for more pop uses, I really like that 'up front' sound without the lid element. I tried this out by A/B'ing the common presets, and there's definitely some more 'room' sound in the new one, and if I needed to, I don't see anyway of reducing that room element. Lid closed is not the same as the old 'no lid element at all'

So, as a feature request, and if it doesn't impact development too much, I'd love to have 'lid open, half open, closed and *disabled*.

Also, I have no idea which pianos C1 and C2 or M1 were modelled on. Is it listed anywhere?

cheers jeff

Re: Lid open, closed, half open and *disabled*

did you try the "C2 bridge" preset? It is very dry and has no cabinet contribution, as if the sound was picked up at the bridge level (thus very dry and a bit synthetic, but reverb can bring it to life).

Concerning C1, C2, M1 presets, they are based on a mathematical analysis of several grand pianos as mentioned in the user manual, doing a mix between several characteristics, trying to get the best of each.

Re: Lid open, closed, half open and *disabled*

Thanks for that suggestion. yes, it does sound very close..
The more I play this the better it gets.  I'm  constantly amazed how good this Pianoteq instrument sounds. Thank you Modartt people.