Topic: Garritan Steinway

just heard the demos and if you play pianoteq demos along side steinway. I think we have a gem, Pianoteq forever

Re: Garritan Steinway

In the demos, I like the decays, maybe because the reverb is lovely--a light shower of falling sound. From what I can gather, the reverb (called "Ambience Reverb") is taken from this separate program, which is in some way incorporated into the piano interface:

http://magnus.smartelectronix.com/

Maybe this piano is the climax, the near end of big sample libraries? Or will people still be buying new hard drives five years from now to load these libraries?

Thanks Jake for the ambience reverb information.  It does sound very lovely straight out of the box.  I'm going to try playing live with it at home.

I don't mind buying harddrives to contain revolutionary sample libraries, but after hearing the garritan steinway demos, I didn't have the urge to buy.  The sound is excellent, but isn't so revolutionary. It's perfect for classical music though...

I agree the demos for me are fine but I also have no desire to add this to my collection .  Just an update when I put the demo of ranger fxp up I put a nasty hole in my index finger made it next to impossible to play keys, all is going well I'll post another with a fix on the fxp.(Im working on the fxp while the finger is on vacation)

did you notice how Garritans piano becomes extremely thin when its played loud (high notes)

There are more demos that got put in today - jazz demo in different perspectives.  The player perspective does indeed sound good for my playing style.  Alas, that only comes in the most expensive package.

still not sold theres something about the hammers I dont like,  pianoteq seems warmer ,have a listen at artvista the up and coming Malmsjo with a new engine

So we need a preset modeled on a Malmsjo, yes?
And a model of a Steinway B?

I going play around tomorrow to develope a Fxp for the malmsjo

Ranger, any news on that ?

no news yet got carried away spring cleaning (computer junk), maybe this weekend