Topic: Ranger fxp

I was listening to my favorite radio station while this was happening I tried to get a compromise on a piano setting that worked with jazz , blues and pop . keep in mind I'm using a yamaha p90 with the touch on medium going through krk rp8 monitors. This fxp called Ranger (cant put a model of a piano on this) seems to be a cross of a steinway , bosendorfer and yamaha. at anyrate it cuts through a mix and also holds its own. The file is uploaded in the files section

Re: Ranger fxp

Can you, would you, post an MP3 that uses this preset? (So we can hear what you're hearing and then try to adjust our own velocity settings to get the same sound, and more generally so people know what to expect.)

Thanks.

Ok Jake posted the mid and mp3 , this was all done after I put a hole in my index finger with a screw driver lots of pain  *,"?@!!!!

Pour etre belle, il faut suffrir?

Last edited by Jake Johnson (21-03-2008 22:03)

Ranger, thanks for posting the mp3.  I like the sound in the mp3 did you do any post processing?

Nice sound. The decay tails of the notes sound nice and resonant. One thing I notice about the mp3 format is that it often seems to smooth out the decays of PianoTeq notes, but that doesn't happen as much in this recording. (I did post a request in the Wishlist for the ability to increase the volume of the Full Sustain Resonance, though, along with some other sounds. I just want a little more volume there.)

Is the P-90 working out well for you? I always liked the piano timbres in the Yamaha synths and pianos. Really bright and forceful when you lean into them. I'm not sure I've heard the P-90, though.

no post on this i uploaded the mid file for comparison

I did this playing with the radio station

http://www.kplu.org/
try it out

select 24 jazz stream