Topic: New Member

Hi
After playing guitar for many years I decided to give piano playing a try and I'm glad I did because when I got Pianoteq and looked in the forum I realized hey! there's a lot of great users that could help me lots.
I had a go at creating a decent piano sound which I uploaded in the files section with several demos.
Any comments welcome.
Vic

Re: New Member

Thanks for posting the C2concert_VL fxp and the mp3's. What does the VL stand for? For "velocity layer?" Is this meant to be layer along with another instance of PianoTeq?

Great sound, regardless. Do you mind sharing information about how you went about creating this fxp? In other words, did you go by ear, comparing the sound to a sample library or to your memory, or did you load up samples and try to replicate the timbre using an harmonic analysis program, or were you following a more logical set of steps? Or did you just mess around it until it sounded right?

I notice that you've gone a different direction, regardless, from the one I've been pursuing. You move the Dynamics slider to the right instead of to the left, and still create a slightly dipping concave. And then you set the hammers for hard strikes to very hard. I like the result.

I wonder about a specific setting. It sounds good, but I'm curious about why you chose it--setting the Piano size to the maximum. Did it just sound better, or were you trying to minimize the inharmonicity because of other settings you wanted to keep?

Re: New Member

Hi Jake
Thanks for your interest in my fxp.
The VL is just simply my initials...as for creating the fxp I just went by ear just tweaking till it sounded ok.There was no specific reason why I set the piano size to max.I've only been playing piano for a few months so this is all very new to me... although I've been playing guitar for many years I think this experience has given me a good ear for music in general.
It would be good if you or any other member played around with my settings and see what you come up with.
Cheers Vic