Topic: What speaker do you use?

I'm just wondering what kind of speaker people use here.  I myself use M-Audio BX8a monitor and some fairly cheap sony headphones when I can't be too loud in the house.

I found that the headphones are more gracious than the studio monitor.  They tend to mask some details.

-- Abi

Re: What speaker do you use?

I have Tannoy super reds SRM12X (12"tri speakers)
Canton bookshelf
Tao mixdown monitors

but I just purchased Bazooka Gold computer speakers for 45 dollars ,I like these little guys with a bit of tweeking they sound just fine

KRK Rokit RP5's.  Tiny, but they pack a full punch... I would consider adding a sub to the setup at some point in time, but only when I move out and find an apartment building with thicker walls...

In the studio: mainly a pair of old Tannoy DC200 (10" hifi equivalent of the RED), powerful, not bad at all but typical "coax"sound in the mid-high range.

SVS + Fostex Sub for the 5.1... correct, not more. But I need 5.1 monitoring for some productions...

Dynaudio C2 ("classical reference") for the "real" monitoring = the best by far, but needs a ton of amp power behind them, not practical when playing.

Sony 7509 headphones (too much bass)

AKG K270 headphones (good)

On stage: a double pair of DB Technologies Arena 8 + a pair of 15" subs. Power ! :-)

I also tried a pair of Alesis 620 monitors on a small stage but wasn't satisfied: "hiss" & too much (unnatural) bass.