Topic: Feature request: key ranges & randomization

I am truly stunned at the realism and feature set of Pianoteq2. But as amazing as Pianoteq is, that has not stopped me from thinking "What if..?"

It would be nice if it were possible to have unison width not be uniformly applied. In other words, it would be nice if we could have some notes in-tune and some not so in-tune-- just like a real piano.  I propose two sliders: unison width, and randomization range; we could set best-case and worst-case widths and hear that kind of naturally varied sound. The randomization would need to be such that notes that are heard out of tune remain out of tune, and notes that are heard in-tune remain in-tune. Perhaps a note map for which notes are in-tune and which ones aren't could be fiddled with in some "Details" window.

In the voicing settings section it would be really great if we could open a "key-range edit" section where we can define a few key-ranges and make different settings for each key-range. Then have the software interpolate between the settings as we move from one range to another.

For example, if I want to adjust the spectrum profile for the mid-range, but I don't want to change it for the top or bottom, I could make those settings and have the software gradually "cross-fade" from settings for the mid-range to flat settings for the rest of the keyboard.

I suppose some might want different spectrum profiles for different velocity ranges as well.

Just some ideas.

Re: Feature request: key ranges & randomization

I understand you. Actually there was many request for new slidaer for many interesting ideas of adjust.  But Pianoteq team thinks it would turn too difficult to user to adjust it.  They said that maybe in a future professional version they add several new adjusts.

Yes, I would also really like to see such a mode. Lets say something where you can chose your notes, or range of notes, and be able to change any settings for just a groupe. And have up to 88 groupes so that we can make real "prepared" pianos. It would be just so much fun, but I understand how hard it may be to implement, and probably much more power asking.
Anyway, just to add to the request

Matt

stubbsonic wrote:

It would be nice if it were possible to have unison width not be uniformly applied.
Just some ideas.

This is a thing that we aim to implement in the future Pianoteq pro version, where other parameters will also be adjustable for each note. We are starting working on it right now but it will take some time