Topic: HI and Hammr Dulcimer

Hi All

Saw the thread on kvr about Pianoteq and after downloading the demo, I was hooked and got it immediately..I think this was my first 'impulse' buy..but NO regrets!

I already created a preset and uploaded it to the file section

http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/uploads.p...mar-TC.fxp

It best to use the sustain pedal while playing it so the notes ring out..but it's pretty close. I like it, and this opens the door to other 'stringed" instruments as well.

The piano's are amazing, but also looking forward to all the sound design you can do.
However..I have a Q: are the "models" different then fxp files?..can you create all of that within what is seen on the GUI of Pianoteq?..or..do only the dev's have the inner working to create a model?

Happy to be aboard..and maybe some of my friends for kvr are here too.

Tim

Re: HI and Hammr Dulcimer

Welcome Tim! The parameters included in the fxp files are a small  part of those included in the models (the ptq files), thus as you say, the user has less access to the parameters than we do when designing a model. It's a bit like an iceberg: upper part is fxp and underwater is ptq.

We are currently working on a future pro version that will offer the possibility to the user to adjust the current parameters for each note. But this is a very important work and it still will take a long time before it is ready.

tconrardy wrote:

Tim

not sure if I'm a friend. but I know you
I'm using pianoteq both studio and esp. on stage with Receptor!
works perfectly, doesn't it ?

combinded with some M42-pads ..mmhhm.. yummy

best
robert

wizard_of_keys wrote:
tconrardy wrote:

Tim

not sure if I'm a friend. but I know you
I'm using pianoteq both studio and esp. on stage with Receptor!
works perfectly, doesn't it ?

combinded with some M42-pads ..mmhhm.. yummy

best
robert

Hi Robert

Yeah..I suppose layered with M42, it would be great! To be honest, I have not put Pianoteq on Receptor yet, as I am sure there is some fiddling with registration procedure. How did you get it on yours?

Anybody try out this patch? Does it sound like a dulcimer in your eyes? I have more coming up.

Tim

guillaume wrote:

Welcome Tim! The parameters included in the fxp files are a small  part of those included in the models (the ptq files), thus as you say, the user has less access to the parameters than we do when designing a model. It's a bit like an iceberg: upper part is fxp and underwater is ptq.

We are currently working on a future pro version that will offer the possibility to the user to adjust the current parameters for each note. But this is a very important work and it still will take a long time before it is ready.

I see..I really look forward to the pro version then, as that will be a sound designers dream for Physical Modeling. I am sure that a lot more instruments could be created other then piano's as well.

Tim

tconrardy wrote:

To be honest, I have not put Pianoteq on Receptor yet, as I am sure there is some fiddling with registration procedure. How did you get it on yours?

Tim

it's a supported plugin ! you can get the file @plugorama.
didn't have any problems - worked fine from the very beginning

robert