Topic: Uploaded 'Hornsby' sound

Just uploaded a 'Bruce Hornsby' kind of piano sound. sits pretty good in a mix.. a lot pf high so it should work pretty good in a rockmix- I will try that later on with a total band mix....

http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/uploads.p...sby_01.fxp

http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/uploads.p...by_etc.mp3

cheers
Hans

Re: Uploaded 'Hornsby' sound

Hi Hans,
came here nd registered to see what you have come up with.
However I am getting "You do not have permission to access this page." message
Thanx for posting!

68time wrote:

Hi Hans,
came here nd registered to see what you have come up with.
However I am getting "You do not have permission to access this page." message
Thanx for posting!

Hi - just checked and indeed can't load it myself either :-)
It's been ages since I sent that...
I guess I should still have the file somewhere on a disk...
You could maybe send me your email, so if I can indeed find it I could send it over to you?

cheers Hans

Last edited by creart (21-03-2021 13:23)

So you can't download it from here?
https://forum.modartt.com/fxpcorner/?ve...anoteq%202

Second page. Works for me here, and the MP3 works too.

It is instantly recognisable, so you got the sound right (to my ears) for what could be achieved with the engine at the time I'm impressed.
Pianoteq has clearly moved on a great deal from this early version. Why not have a go at creating a new Bruce Hornsby style preset for one of the current pianos?

According to Wiki it's a Baldwin:
"Hornsby uses a Steinway & Sons concert grand piano. He bought the piano in Zurich, Switzerland, while on a solo show tour in Europe in 1995.
With the Range and up until 1995, he used a Baldwin concert grand piano.

He has also been honored by Steinway & Sons with their Limited Edition Signature Piano Series. Hornsby selected ten Model B Steinway Grands to be featured in this collection, each one personalized with his signature. Hornsby owns three 9 ft (2.7 m) Model D Steinway Grands. "

Last edited by Key Fumbler (21-03-2021 16:12)

Key Fumbler wrote:

So you can't download it from here?
https://forum.modartt.com/fxpcorner/?ve...anoteq%202

Second page. Works for me here, and the MP3 works too.

It is instantly recognisable, so you got the sound right (to my ears) for what could be achieved with the engine at the time.
Pianoteq has clearly moved on a great deal from this early version. Why not have a go at creating a new Bruce Hornsby style preset for one of the current pianos?

According to Wiki it's a Baldwin:
"Hornsby uses a Steinway & Sons concert grand piano. He bought the piano in Zurich, Switzerland, while on a solo show tour in Europe in 1995.
With the Range and up until 1995, he used a Baldwin concert grand piano.

He has also been honored by Steinway & Sons with their Limited Edition Signature Piano Series. Hornsby selected ten Model B Steinway Grands to be featured in this collection, each one personalized with his signature. Hornsby owns three 9 ft (2.7 m) Model D Steinway Grands. "

Hey Key Fumbler - Thanks for finding them... the links in my post here don't seem to work anymore... glad you found them... otherwise I should have them lying around on a drive somewhere...

Ya I made this years and years ago, and indeed Pianoteq has certainly improved since then... might try a new go at it later...
cheers Hans

creart wrote:

Hey Key Fumbler - Thanks for finding them... the links in my post here don't seem to work anymore... glad you found them... otherwise I should have them lying around on a drive somewhere...

Ya I made this years and years ago, and indeed Pianoteq has certainly improved since then... might try a new go at it later...
cheers Hans

It works really well anyway from your audio demo. I'm guessing it particularly works to the early version's strengths because the Baldwin pop music sound is a punchy, dry, compressed and less characterful sound anyway, but saying that Pianoteq really hit the ground running didn't it!

Last edited by Key Fumbler (21-03-2021 16:19)